Elodie: Child of Kryze and Kenobi

An hour. 

A day.

A week. 

A month. 

Two months.

Almost a year. That's how long I've been away from Naboo. That's how long ago I left my old life to become who I am now. 

Honestly? I have no regrets. 

Well, maybe that's a lie. I regret losing Lucy. I regret not actually having a proper conversation with my mom. I also regret... leaving my suitcase because I liked the clothes that were in there. Other than that, I regret nothing. 

Alone most of the time, I like to contemplate life. 

And email the dude. The Royal Nebula one. He's funny, cool, and a literal genius. We haven't gotten on the first name basis yet, but I think we're getting there. Last email, he said his school was having a week off soon. Maybe it was two weeks. Whatever it was, I thought it sounded cool. Sounds like my old school. 

Wait a minute. How much learning did I miss?! I didn't have time to worry about that because someone knocked on the door. I decided that I wanted to have a little fun. 

"What's the password?" I hollered.

"Your face!" Corey answered. I laughed, opening the door. He smirked, arms folded. 

"Good answer, Corey." I said.

"Want to hang out?"

"Definitely." 

I grabbed my backpack and closed the door, holding my new comm in my hand. Gwen had given it to me as a late birthday present. Now I could contact all my friends from anywhere, which was really handy. 

"Where to?" I asked as we walked down the road. 

"Ground level?"

"Sounds good. How're you doing?"

"Great, actually. You know the boys we met that one day?"

I knew where this was going. "You mean the ones that insulted my parents?" 

"Yeah, they said they were... sorry." 

"They'd better be." I growled, ready to beat them up all over again. Then I unclenched my fists. You know what? Let them talk. They're just jealous. 

"Anyway, we hung out the other day and it was fun. We went over to the... park and skated." 

"Cool." I said cautiously, not liking the way he hesitated. 

"The one guy asked if you could skate."

"I probably could if I wanted to." I shrugged. 

"That's what I said!"

"I wonder if my friend is hanging around the Temple today." I wondered aloud.

"Kenobi?"

"Heck no. Ahsoka Tano all the way!"

"You befriended Ahsoka Tano?!"

"After Jocasta Nu scared the crap out of me, yeah." I laughed. Corey snorted. 

"She is scary. She means business."

"That's what I liked about her, until she told me I'd fail."

"Sounds exactly like something she'd say."

"I'll bet she'd say it to me again. Elodie, you fail at being a... a...."

"A professional..."

"Plant!"