Elodie: Is it Just Me or is Awkwardness Everywhere?

Thank the Force for Vri and the diner place. Now I have an excuse to get out of the apartment. Gwen isn't back and Aileen came to check on me. I'm fine, don't worry. Not that anyone would worry. Okay, maybe people would worry. I wonder if Mr. Highness Space Storm has written me any poetry lately. He/she/they tried last night. It was a cute attempt. 

From: Royal Nebula

Subject: I'm Terrible at Poetry

I will now subject you

To the torture of reading my terrible poems. 

More like my poem fails. 

How are you, what's up in your life? 

And do I still have to write in the form of poems?

From Your Friend,

Terrible at Poems

P. S. Who is this Corey you speak of?

Is he a fellow Loth Cat?

Or a poet?

I must know. 

I'm still laughing and I've already read it like five times. I need to respond, but I don't know how. I have a hundred unsaved drafts. 

To: Royal Nebula

Re: Subject: I'm Terrible at Poetry

Body: Poetry is a wonderful thing.

It allows us to express emotions 

And convey feelings all in 

One 

Long 

Story. 

Okay. We can stop writing in poems. I've been painting and drawing and contemplating life. Mostly slouching in armchairs and staring at walls. Corey's a good friend of mine. Maybe he is a fellow Loth Cat. I don't know. I'll have to ask him later.  For now, I'm off to a diner with some friends. What's interesting in your life?

Poetry, 

One Big Train Wreck

I like the closing. I clicked send and closed the computer. I can't believe Aileen and Gwen don't know how much I've snuck out. If they did, I'd be screwed for sure. They'd probably lock me in. Then I'd just have to master the art of climbing out the window. It wouldn't be super hard unless you count the fact that I could potentially die. I don't want Gwen or Aileen coming home to see splattered Elodie all over the pavement. That would be... unnerving and also not good for me. I personally don't want to be splattered Elodie. 

"Elodie! Are you alive?" Gwen yelled, coming through the door. 

"No." I hollered back, fighting back a smile. 

"Good. I'm exhausted, child."

"Vri and I are going to Dex's Diner soon." I said, opening up a holonovel. I recently rediscovered my love of books and I'd scavenged Aileen's house for them. I found a couple of good ones. 

"You and Vri?"

"Yeah."

"The two of you?"

"Yes?"