Monsters are real?!

~Cassidy's POV~

I opened my eyes, the darkness fading
Although I wasn't quite sure where I was.
I looked around in a daze, mocha colored walls and few computers were around me. Looks like I was in some sort of bedroom.
It took me a few minutes to register what happened,and how I'd ended up here.
I see a figure in a chair at a computer, helplessly typing away at the keyboard.
It notices my move my and turns
It's Ethan , thank god..

"Cassidy! Your awake. You have to tell me what happened. I mean your covered In blood! Did someone attack you?" Ethan spewed out a string of words, clearly lost in the days happenings.

I slowly sit up, saltwater tears dried on my face, and my battered and bloodied jacket beside me.

I run my hands through my hair, and recollect my thoughts.

Then something happens.

*knock*
*knock*
*knock*

Someone approaches his door from the opposite side. Thankfully I look at the handle and it's locked.

That familiar dread from earlier in the day washes over me. Goosebumps and chills flood my body.
The smell of sulfur seeps from underneath the door.

I realized I still had my book bag with me. Ethan has propped it against his desk.

He stood up and went to answer the door. I stopped him from going any further. I grabbed that dagger I had found, and readied myself to fight.

I was in no condition to fight, weak, hopeless and practically alone.
Ethan didn't know anything about the real monsters in this world.

He was in for a rude awakening.

We stand there. Ethan glances at me with concern and judgement;but listens to me.

Silence.

All of a sudden the knocks grow louder. Each one more aggressive. Until the banging causes the door to shake.
Then it stops.

I take one step closer to the door before it flys off the hinges towards us. We jump back.

Then they are met with a black-eyed man and woman.

Ethan's parents.

My eyes widened, Ethan looked horrified.
I grabbed his wrist, and he looked at me with tears eyes.
I motioned towards the window of his bedroom.

He nodded, still frozen in place. His hand digging into my arm.
We bolted towards the window, ready to jump.
Ethan's dad
Or what was left of him
Grabbed his shoulder

"Not so fast you little brat!"
The shell of his dad spoke, black empty eyes staring in anger.

I did what I had to do, not even thinking it would make a difference except to give us some time.

I rammed the dagger into the demons chest, to my surprise his eyes and mouth emitted light.
Before the empty shell of a body collapsed to the ground.

I realized this dagger wasn't normal, it could kill demons!

I smirked at the blade, sending a sympathetic glance over to Ethan. Before running up to the black-eyed parasite that infected his mom.

I did the same..I killed it.

He was crying now, he knew those weren't his parents anymore. Yet their faces were, everything he knew was gone.

He was dragged into the world of hunting. My world.
This shouldn't have happened.

Something really isn't right about this..why were his parents possessed.
Why they were seemingly after me.

I had so much explaining to do, and no idea where to start.

Seeing as we were able to leave normally, we quickly escaped the house. Ethan was no longer safe.

I knew of a place my uncle showed me when I was younger. A safe house warded from the dastardly demons, and even the Divine angels.

Yes angels exist. That's not all though.

I decided to set route for the safe-house.

"Ethan I'm taking us somewhere safe. Trust me. I'll explain everything when we get there. I'm so sorry."

He was so lost in his thoughts and emotions he merely nodded. We carried on our way.

[Time skip]

Worn out shoes scrape against the pavement. The rain finally let up, and we were met with a cloudy sky.

Those were definitely omens, bad ones. I needed to keep my guard up.

Poor Ethan looked like a shell of his former self. Bags under his puffy red eyes, mental trauma weighing down his every step.

We finally ended up at the bottom of the hill. It was a steep gravel road, at  about a 40 degree angle.

An old worn out truck sat at the bottom of the hill.Clearly having been abandoned a while ago.

I couldn't help but feel as though we weren't alone, as if eyes watched every step we took.
I stayed alert, that uneasy feeling not leaving my mind.

I kicked up dust and I tugged on Ethan's shirt, trudging up the hill.
Small pebbles ended up lodged in my boots, causing discomfort but I delt with it.

[time skip]

After about 20 minutes of trudging up the dusty hill side, we finally made it to the safe house.
A secluded log cabin,vines growing along the side with scrap metal littering the ground.
Sigils were meticulously painted in the shadows of the household. Inside and out.

I placed my hands on my knees to catch my breath, Ethan ran his hand through his hair. Both of us overwhelmed.

I go inside the house, noticing some of the Sigil work had been scratched up. I sigh and grab some materials to fix it.

"Not so fast sweetheart" a female voice scowled from the dark corners of the cabin.
I shot up, turning my head towards the voice
"Who are you? Show yourself!" I yelled
Ethan looked at me in fear

A raven haired female, with black eyes walked out of the darkness. It was Veronica.

My eyes widened, my friend was possessed. If I kill the demon, she dies too.
Endless possibility's races through my mind.

"Get out of my friend you black eyed son of a-" I growled before the demon cut me off

"Not so fast darling, I've got a bounty on you. You aren't getting away that easily. I knew that this human is your weakness..you won't kill her"
she chuckled an evil grin plastered on her face.

"I don't have to kill her to send you back to hell where you belong" I hissed

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey there! Thanks for reading chapter 3! Please let me know what you guys think! I appreciate those who have taken an interest in the story!
What do you think will happen next?