Echo's POV

I'm sorrrryyyyyyyyyyy. I really am. I haven't updated in forever :( but here's a chapter to make it up to you guys. :*

Also the book is coming to an end.... Yeah the time has come :( but i'll be writing a new story, so once i've started ill let you guys know :) I

f any of you have any title ideas fo this book please PM me or leave a comment. I'm not happy with the title anymore, it doesn't fit the book any longer.

Hugs and kisses from me

Nike :*

======================================================

Echo’s POV

Christmas had come and gone and the funny memories were made that evening. My mother, who managed to make me talk about Raven to her, invited Archer, Shellie and Raven to a Christmas dinner, which soon turned into a loud and fun evening. For Archer’s Christmas present I has organized two tickets to a Mavericks games, his absolute favorite team. His face was priceless when he opened the small envelope. His eyes went wide and his mouth hung open as he read and re-read the tickets. I had to smile, happy that he liked the gift. Before I could react he had grabbed me and hugged the living daylights out of me before pressing a kiss to my lips. In return Archer had gotten me a stunning silver bracelet, with small blue stones entwined in the tiny silver leaves. In the little blue box in which the bracelet had come, lay matching earrings. I had gasped quietly as I held them up to the light and watched the small blue stones sparkle. I had gotten my mom a new tea set, which she immediately began using. That night Archer and I had gone back to the clearing I had showed him a long time ago when we watched the sunset together. The moon was hanging low on the horizon making the white snow shimmer beautifully. It was very cold and the surrounding trees had icicles handing off their frozen leaves. Archer tucked me into his side and we sat on the edge of the ledge and peered into the city, admiring the sparkling Christmas trees in the windows.

TWO WEEKS LATER

I stood in front of the gravestone re-reading the inscription.

‘Here lies Michael Lee, loving husband and father. May he rest in peace’

I felt numb as I stared at the place my father was buried. A small vase in which my mom had placed a handful of blood red poppies adorned the stone. I grimaced bitterly as I thought about Mel. I kneeled down and ran my fingers over the rough rock, trying to keep my tears at bay. A small American flag was fluttering in the wind and I carefully sat down. I bought my knees up to my chest and rested my chin on them. Mom took a seat next to me and tried to discretely blow her nose, hiding her tears. I turned my head and took hold of her hand.

“He loved you so much. I wish it didn’t have to be this way,” she said gazing at the stone.

She had told me many stories over the last couple of days, always ending after two or three when her tears made an appearance. She showed me more pictures and letters and I got to see some of the things he had left behind. They had been stacked safely in the cellar. Boxes Archer had tripped on when we had pranked him. I had been so close to finding out who my dad was and I had stumbled right past it.

I couldn’t say anything so I nodded my head and turned to read the inscription again.

‘Loving father’ If only I had been a little older, the few times I had seen him would be clearer and I would have more memories to think back to.

We spent another fifteen minutes by his grave, both of us lost in our own thoughts, when Max and Theo sniffled, their small noses red.

“Mommy why are you crying?” Max asked when they had tumbled back over to where we were, they game long forgotten.

“Oh it’s nothing sweetie” she gave him a watery smile and I had to think about the time they would find out. They were way younger than me and had absolutely no memories of him. How would they take it when they found out? My head started paining when I thought about everything. I stood up and picked a shivering Theo.

“Ready to head back to the hotel little man?” I asked blowing warm air on his small hands.

He nestled his head in the crook of my shoulder and nodded his head.

I bent and placed a kiss on the tombstone before straightening and leading the way out of the cemetery. I head my mom whisper something peering at the stone one last time before following me, Max in her arms.

The car rise back was silent as the boys fell asleep. I watched the city pass by as I looed out the window. The sun started setting behind the clouds and they began changing color, from their fluffy white to a dramatic red and orange hue. I sighed as I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. I looked at my mom and said,

“Thank you for showing me. I know it must be hard for you but I appreciate the trip here.”

She looked at me and gave me a heartbreaking smile. Her grey eyes were swirling with many emotions, prominently pain but she smiled at me nonetheless.

“You have every right to know and I’m sorry for keeping you in the dark for so long”

“I see why” I was silent for some time before I added, “Are you going to tell the twins someday?”

She nodded her head, “When they’re old enough, but I won’t make the same mistake again, they’re going to know earlier” she said looking through the rear mirror at their peaceful sleeping faces.

I nodded my head and looked out the window again.