Archers POV

Archer’s POV

It had been several weeks since the night where Echo told Natalie her story. In the meant time things had started to rearrange in school. With Natalie and Mel no longer there to lead the group of airheads, they split up. Some found the right track and began taking school seriously. Other’s still mindlessly wondered the hall of our school, and wasted their time in class. The hype students had been from Mel being expelled had died down, and Natalie had finished apologizing to everyone she harmed. She fit it in nicely with the group and if I wasn’t wrong I saw a flicker of interest in Jimmy’s eyes. Echo had been studying more and more for the end of year exams quite a funny contrast to the loud basketball player I fell in love with. My team had made it to second place in the nationals and I had been reelected as team captain for senior year. Apart from all that my brother Raven called again. We had talked for a long time, and he finished by telling me that he was moving closer to us. He had applied and received a new job in a city only half an hour from here and was moving in two weeks. I had been shocked and excited at the same time. My older brother was coming back home. I would have part of my family back again. 

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Winter had hit us hard this year, the snow falling in huge masses with temperatures well below zero. Because of the heavy snowfalls school had been cancelled twice already and today was another school-free day. Echo was cuddled up against me, wrapped in a big fluffy blanket, sipping hot chocolate. We had converted the couch into a massive pillow and blanket pile and put in a movie. It was close to Christmas and the fireplace was decorated with green and red. Echo’s home smelt like cinnamon and cookies and was warm and nicely it. For the first time since I had met Echo I had bought Shellie with me. She was next to the couch in her wheelchair, squealing happily every time the main character came on the screen. Echo’s mom and her brothers were out of the house at the moment doing Christmas shopping to which Echo had not been allowed to come to. She had called me, bored out of her mind and that’s how we ended up in the current situation.

Echo was currently busy throwing small paper pieces at me as she lazily slouched on the couch under piles of blankets.

“I am so bored, I don’t think it’s healthy anymore” she complained for the n’th time today.

I had to laugh at her somber expression.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and the yelling of Max and Theo became audible.

Echo’s perked up at the sound of her family returning. Ms. Lee came through the door and the twins were pushing and pulling each other.

“Max pressed the button I swear mommy!” Max yelled, latching onto his mothers’ leg.