The words made me cringe in fear and worry.

"Hello, Mr. Broderick. Are you still there?" Ellen said as I looked at her in surprise.

"What if," I paused and looked down. "What if she got killed? What if Sarah got in trouble? We never know because of the thing that is in her body."

"We'll find her soon, Steven. Don't cry." She said as I cried in her shoulder. It's kind of awkward because I'm taller than she is. I stopped sobbing after I realized it and just hugged her.

**

We said our goodbyes to the little version of me. Ellen's bugging me on who is Nicholo. I just shrugged at her question that made her mad for awhile.

We were looking around the place. It's lifeless. No sound nor people. No everything. Just silence and some snowflakes falling on us.

"So silent." I muttered.

"Duh." Ellen sarcastically said making a pose like a sarcastic emoji. I rolled my eyes and continued my way.

I saw a silhouette of a girl walking towards us. No, it seems like it's running to us.

"Hey Ellen did you see that?" I said pointing at the shadow.

"Yeah. I think it's coming to us." Ellen stated.

The silhouette becomes clearer and clearer as the time passes by and I saw the face of the person running.

Sarah

What is she doing here? Is she okay? Why is she running? From whom? Questions are popping in my mind and my mouth can't be stopped if I'm going to let it.

Ellen noticed it too that it's Sarah running towards us. She waved her hands to Sarah, hoping that she'll notice it and it did. Sarah looked at my eyes and we made a contact for 15 seconds before she got tripped by something. We rushed to her place in a matter of seconds.

"Are you okay?" Ellen said.

"Mages. Mages everywhere. The evil child." She said as she closed her eyes. We panicked and checked her pulse. It seems like she's still alive but sleeping. She must be tired so we carried her back to my mini version of me's house.

I knocked on the door and saw little Steven mopping the floor. When he saw us his eyes flashed and rushed to us and guided Sarah into our old room. After she laid down in the bed, I noticed that little Steven looked so bewildered at the situation so I rushed to him and kneeled.

"Who's she, Nicholo? Is she your girlfriend?" He asked and I chuckled.

"Are you blushing, Nicholo?" He asked and I looked down in embarrassment. It's supposed to be an interrogation about what happened to her. He's supposed to ask that, not my love life.

"Well, first she's not my girlfriend but rather my friend," he frowned a little bit but it quickly vanished. "And she's in trouble so she got asleep and I'm not blushing Steven what are you talking about?"

"Nothing," He smiled and got up. "I better go now. I'll make her chicken soup so call me when she's up." He said and left us.

Sarah, what happened to you? I wonder what really happened to you these past few days. I hope you're okay. I know you're strong enough to face this.

**

She woke up after an hour or two. She tapped my head when I realized I fall asleep while I'm sitting and my head's on the bed. I looked at her as she smiled brightly at me. I'm puzzled. Why is she smiling like that?

"Is there something wrong?" I questioned still looking at her face.

"Nothing. I just like to thank you, Steven. Thank you for being there for me. For saving me, I'm so scared and weak that time when I saw you two waving hands at me. I thought that they will caught me and burn me alive but when I see you, I got some hope that I'll survive this. I can." She paused as she hugged me, feeling some moist in my chest.

"It's all my fault. If I never put my walls down this will never happened. I'm sorry if you see the war again. I apologize for all the things that I've caused. Your. Your parent's death." She paused and sobbed loudly in my chest making me feel bad that I made her feel bad.

"I'm sorry. It's all my fault. If-if I never trusted that mage. If-" I cut her. It's making me cry.

"No, Sarah. It's not your fault. It was no one's fault. We can never stop this. It's destined for us. I admit that I put all my hate on you yesterday but it's all gone now. I realized that it was really not your fault nor mine. We just need to accept it and move on," I paused as I pat her back. "Stop crying and stop thinking that this is all your fault okay?"

"Oh. Okay." She sobbed and paused for awhile and looked at me. "I'm sorry again."

I paused and kissed her head.

"Sleep, Sarah. You need to rest. We'll guard you here so no one will harm you." I said as she smiled and closed her eyes.

One day but full of memories. Sarah should bot blame herself for this. It's not her fault. It's nobody's. I need some rest. I should probably take a nap too. Maybe if I take a nap, my feelings and body will be refreshed.

A mysterious comeback of Sarah never really bothered me. Ellen and I need to find the twins so we can already set it up.

I'm going to close my eyes as the door opened loudly, waking Ellen and I in an instance. We saw Yuki, finding hard to breathe as she muttered something terrible.

"They're back."

The Lost Diaryजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें