"Relax, just let me change real quick."

"No! Peyton you're gonna make us late for practice just go like that!" Liam said.

"Then I have to come back and change, I'm going to the Hughes' and it's right by the rink."

"I don't think Jack's gonna care if you're dressed nice." Luke laughed.

"Ugh, you guys are annoying." I said, grabbing my keys and walking out to the car.

The boys and I jammed out on the ride to the rink and when I dropped them off I sent a quick text to Jack to let him know I was coming, to which he responded "Just walk in" I have to admit I was excited to get some one on one time with Jack, I feel like since I started hanging out with Trevor we've been drifting. Not that there's much to drift from considering we only met three weeks ago but still, he really is my best friend and I miss him.

When I arrived at the Hughes' residence it seemed as though no one was home, the only light that was on was the lamp in the window. However, Jack's car was in the driveway so I walked in as I was told.

"Hello?" I yelled.

"Surprise!" About 50 people jumped out as all the lights turned on.

"Oh my god!" I said as my hands flew up
over my mouth and Jack walked up to me. "Jack.."

"Happy birthday Peyton." He smiled, hugging me.

"How did you even.." I said looking around as Alex ran up to me with a camera in his hand.

"We recorded everything so you can make a YouTube video appreciating your cute friends!" He smiled. "If you want, not to gas us up or anything."

"You guys are awesome!" I said hugging him.

"Happy birthday!" Nick, Marley, and Jamie came up to me.

"You lying bitch!" I laughed, pointing at Marley and hugging him.

"You know how hard it was to not tell you!" She laughed.

"Ugh, this is unbelievable!" I smiled, walking further in and greeting people.

"I still can't even comprehend this." I said to Jack as I was lifted off the ground.

"Happy birthday!" Trevor said.

"Thank you!" I hugged him.

"Let's get a drink in that hand" Trevor said, walking away.

"Oh we're drinking?" I smiled as Jack draped his arm over my shoulder.

"Let's just say, things are about to get rowdy."

~

A few hours had passed and I was having so much fun. We played a few games of beer pong and kings and danced so much. Most of the party had gone home and it was now just, Marley, Nick, Jamie, and the USA boys, plus Luke and the twins who I guess were USA boys now too. I was wandering around the kitchen, as the remainder of the party had moved into the yard when Jack stumbled in.

"Hey Rowdy," I laughed as he grabbed the counter.

"Are you having fun?" He slurred, flashing his million dollar smile.

"So much. Thank you for doing this." I said.

"I'd do anything for you." He said, walking over to me as I hugged him again. "I apologize for my janky breath, that would be the beer."

"You don't have janky breath, Jack." I laughed.

"I still can't believe you pulled this off, I mean it makes sense as to why you've been so distant." I said.

"That's not the only reason." Jack said.

"What's the other reason?"

"Mmm, no I can't tell you." He said.

"Of course you can!" I laughed.

"Noooo," He shook his head.

"Jack, it's me. You can tell me."

"That's why I can't!" He smiled.

"C'mon please." I begged.

"Wanna open your present?" He asked, running to the cabinet in the hall.

"Don't try and change the subject!" I laughed as he returned with a bag.

"Open, open, open." He clapped.

I pulled the tissue paper and inside was a USA hockey sweatshirt with my last name on the back.

"No way!" I smiled. "This is sick!"

"Look at the sleeve!" He gushed.

On the right sleeve was a C that meant center and it said Hurricane.

"This is amazing, I am obsessed." I smiled.

"Keep going."

"There's more?" I gushed, underbelly the next layer of tissue paper was various candies and a jewelry box. "Jack..."

"Don't start, just open it." He laughed, knowing I was going to protest.

Inside the box was a beautiful silver necklace shaped like a puzzle piece that had 'Hurricane' engraved into it.

"Shut. Up." I said as Jack pulled his car keys out of his pocket, one of the keychains he had was missing a puzzle piece and it was engraved with "Rowdy"

"You complete me." He said.

"Oh my god!" I jumped up and ran around the island to hug him. "I love it so much thank you!"

"You're welcome, let me help you out it on." He offered.

I grabbed the necklace from the box and handed it to Jack, turning back to him as I pulled my hair to the side. He clasped it on my neck and I turned back to face him.

"How do I look?" I asked, modeling it, making silly faces.

"Beautiful." He told me.

"You are the sweetest." I said fussing with it. "Now, tell me."

"I can't!" He said, sipping his beer again.

"Please!! It's my birthday!"

"Not yet, it's only 11:58" He told me.

"So why make me wait 2 minutes?"

"It'll change everything." He said.

"It won't change a thing, promise." I said holding my pinky out.

Jack reluctantly took my pinky and kissed his thumb, touching it to mine.

"Okay." He sighed. "You are the most amazing girl I have ever met, and I have been distant because..." He trailed off.

"C'mon spit it out Hughesy." I poked him.

"Because I can't stop thinking about you." He said and my breath hitched in my throat. "And you're with Trevor and I know it's bad. But I think I knew from the moment we met you'd be important to me and I took too long to listen to myself and missed my chance, if I even had one. And I'm sorry." He rambled.

"Jack, I--"

"There you are!" Trevor busted in. "Come out we're about to sing, one minute til midnight!"

"Oh okay." Jack said, walking out.

"I have your present too, it's in my truck we'll grab it after cake." Trevor smiled as he held the back door for me. "You okay?"

"What? Yeah, let's go."

"Cool necklace." He smiled.

I shoved the tissue paper and sweatshirt back in the bag and grabbed it as I walked outside to Marley and the gang.

"You ready to be 18?" Marley gushed as I sat in a chair by the table.

"We have to talk."