Chapter 13

I take a big gulp as I see a pack of about 7 of these golden, brown wild dogs. Ashley looks over at me, I know what she thinking, we are in big trouble. I grab Chase's shoulder in hesitation. He pates my hand, trying to make me feel better, failing miserably. He sees the worry look I'm my eyes and then mouthed the words,

'It's going to be okay.'

I look at him in disbelief. Just then, the Dingo in front , the pack leader telling by his body and position, barks at us, showing its teeth. They are probably upset at us because we took the creek away from them and they want it back. Just then, One on the right of him lunges at Drake, he moves out of the way just in time.

I grab Chase's wrist, " We have to go, you hurt one and they'll all come for you, there's too many, just leave them and will come back, all they want is the creek for a drink."

" We can't, if we do, they will just come back again tomorrow night, and the next and the next, and so on, we need to dominant."

"We can't, you don't understand, they will kill us."

He looks at me for a second and then nods a small nod.

" Drake, Ashley , come on let's retreat to the boat."

Drake grabs Ashley's hand and runs over to us. As we run to the boat, the Dingos start to chase us, until the main leader barks and they return to the creek for a drink.

We get to the wing and then check it to see if anythings on it, its clear. We sit down on the middle, facing each other in a circle. I look at Ashley across from me and then freeze.

"Umm, A-A-Ash?" I mumble.

"Ya, what's wrong." She asks

"Don't freak out, stay calm, don't move." Drake adds staring at Ashley.

"What? What's wrong?!" she fumbles around.

"No, don't move, you have a spider on your neck."

Ashley bits her lower lip and then squeezes her eyes shut, "Please, get it off."

"Okay, okay, easy... Got it!" Drake slaps a spider about as big as my hand, off of Ashley onto the beach floor.

"Is it gone?" She whispers.

"Ya it's gone." Chase informs.

" Did it bit you?" Drake fidgets around.

"I don't think so, we'll found out if I'm itchy in the morning."

That comment made me itch my neck, just to get rid of the feeling.