Chapter 2

I start the car once Ashley gets her suit case into the back seat. She hopes into the passengers seat and we drive away from our school.

" I can't believe we're going to Australia to study the cutie at animals in the world!" Ashley smiles.

" Don't forget, we're studying all Outback animals, not just Kangaroos, you need to watch and learn about the other animals too."

"Ya, I guess. The other aren't as cute though!" Ashley pouts.

" Well, don't tell them that, or you'll be their new favorite meal."

" Or boxing toy."she adds

" Or pet!" I snort.

We laugh as we go on about what the animals could do to us.

Soon, we are out in the parking lot of LAX, I smile at her as we go to the front doors and walk in.

Ashley sits in the seat next to me as we wait for first class to stop boarding.

" Now boarding second class." the lady at the desk announces on the speaker. I get up out of my seat and Ashley and I walk over to get in line.

"I'm excited!" Ashley squeezes my arm,

" Me too." I take my arm out of her grasp and let the blood circulate back into it.

" Who wouldn't be!" She grins

Just then Ashley flings her arms in excitement and slaps a boy-about our age- right in the face! He grabs his nose as his friend starts to laugh.

"I am so sorry!" Ashley apologizes,

" Oh it's...it's ok." he smiles as rubbing the bridge of this nose.

" Ya! Do it again, my friend doesn't mind!" says the other guy that was laughing.

I try to hold back a smile, but I can't so I hind it behind my hand. The guy Ashley hits looks over at her and smiles.

"I'm Drake."

Ashley smiles, "Ashley, and this is my friend Zoey." she jesters over in my direction. I give a small wave and look over to the other boy who is still smiling, he's a little taller than me and has dirty blond hair that's about an inch long.

" This is my collage buddy, Chase."Drake jesters to his right. I smile at him and he smiles back.

"Hey, thanks for hitting Drake in the face, it made my day!" he laughs.

"Ya, I'm really sorry about that." Ashley giggles.

"Hey, water under the bridge." he smiles at her and they glare at each other. I look over at Chase and back at them, then I give Chase a eyebrow and jester to our staring friends. I see that we're at the front of the line and I put my arm between them and move it up and down, for a free seconds,

"Umm, Ash? We're at the front of the line, it's time for us to board." I announce .

"Right sorry." she smiles,"Goodbye Drake, goodbye Chase."

" Bye, Ashley, nice meeting you."Drake says,"you too Zoey."

I wave to both of them and say bye, Chase does the same to us. We walk over and give the lady out tickets and then we walk to the plane, with a 13 hour trip ahead of us.