Chapter 11

We follow Drake and Ashley for a little ways left of where our boat is docked. The sand we walk on is almost as white as snow, it shimmers under my feet with every step, and with every step, a small bit of sand goes into my ankle-high boots. This island is not a bad island to find, I'm glad we did.

"We're hear..." Ashley turns to the rest of us.

I look at the large tree in front of me. It has grey-green bark with big, floppy leaves, and lots of thick branches. We walk over and to the right of the tree, a creek runs past the beach and into the ocean, prefect.

" Great find." Chase congratulates.

"Thanks, we should probably start building, you know, before dark." Drake reminds us.

After that signal, we get to work. As Drake and Chase work on making the shelter, Ashley weaves blankets with strips of leaves -she pretty good at it too- and I work on making a successful and at least large sized fire.

I grab dead pieces of leaves and vines and put them in a pile. I then take a pocket knife that I always carry, out of my pocket, I'm surprise it's stayed clipped onto my inner pocket through all that's happened.

I cut a piece of the living vine and then grab a stick that I found not far from our camp. Rapping the vine around the stick, making a Bow Fire Starter.

"Done." I smile at the finished fire, warm and about as big as a microwave.

"I am too!" Ashley says, holding up two weaved blankets.

"And just in time, the sun's setting." Chase glares at the horizon ahead if us, sitting on the new shelter floor. The house is about 3 feet off the ground and has two areas. The rooms are long with leaves covering the ends, like curtains.

He looks over at me then the shelter.

"You like?" he asks.

"It's awesome, you guys did a great job." I compliment.

"Thanks..."

I nod at him and then look at the sun, slowly diving onto the ocean. It's so beautiful and clamming, of only I could enjoy it in the safety of not being stranded.