king of the shadows. part one

Start from the beginning

。o○☆

"HEY, sorry to ruin the moment, but we better get going." Kai said, pushing the two apart jealously. "Okay, let's go." You said, jumping over the rail on the boat and landing on the ice. The others just took the steps.

The snow crunched under their feet, the bitter air tickling the tips of their fingers. They left a trail of footprints wherever they walked.

You finally approached an icy structure, the others close behind you. In front of you stood a ginormous ice cave, an ominous darkness being the only thing visible. You slowed your steps, taking a shaky breath. Zane placed a hand on your shoulder comfortingly, and gave you a reassuring smile, and you returned the kind gesture.

He gave a curt nod, and you continued into the cave, your nervousness dissolving into the air. You all walked in a comfortable silence, taking in your environment.

"Woah. Looks like someones already been here." Cole pointed out, his eyes glancing curiously around the well-sculpted area. They soon reached the end of the cave, and before them stood, (well, floated), the shurikens of ice. They were frozen in place right below the dragons mouth.

They walked towards the shurikens, now standing directly below them. "Let me stand on your hands, that way I can retrieve them without any trouble." Zane said smartly. "Good thinking Zane, now let's do this." Jay agreed as you allowed Zane step on your hand, Kai, Cole and Jay helping him keep his balance. He reached out towards the shurikens, so close to grabbing them.

"Come on Zane, just a little bit further." You encouraged. He finally grabbed them, but before you all could celebrate, Zane's body was frozen solid, literally. He was stuck in a pack of ice. The dragon roared in rage, and you turned Zane's body onto it's side, before running for the hills with the others, the dragon close behind.

。o○☆

THE others yelled out in fear, running faster and faster by the second. "Quick! In here!" You said, swerving them into a tight gap and squeezing through to the other side. The dragons head was still stuck in between the two spikes, he was growling and snapping threateningly.

You and the boys flew off of the small cliff, landing on Zane's frozen body and skating down the steep hill. You raced past all of the peculiar sculptures, the boys fearful yells directly in your ear. You helped guide them, by leaning a certain way and helping it turn, but it was hard to focus when you had four, scared little girls screaming in your ear.

You went past the last sculpture, about to fly straight into a wall. "Everyone jump!" You instructed, but of course, nobody listened. You backflipped off of the frozen body and landed safely on the floor, meanwhile Jay, Cole, Kai and Zane body-slammed harshly into the icy obstacle. "Ow." They all groaned, before sliding onto the ground in a heap.

"You guys good?" You asked unsurely. They each got up from the floor, some clutching their head in pain. "Yeah, I guess." Jay said, before wincing and rubbing the back of his head. You looked over at Sensei and shrugged, and he showed you the map, before pointing at the next weapon: the nunchucks of lighting.

。o○☆

THE ride there was... eventful. Cole steered the boat back, whilst Kai talked to Zane, and Jay was just.. being.. Jay? "Hi Y/N, whatcha doing?" He asked, standing in the doorframe. You were currently making a sandwich, a peanut butter sandwich to be more specific. You scoffed from your position, "Just making a sandwich, Jabberjay."

"Oh, because I talk a lot. Hardy har. Very funny." Jay says sarcastically. "Oh come on! I deserve more credit for that, I mean, I think it's funny!" You explained, placing your hands on your hips sassily. "Whatever." Jay said, rolling his eyes playfully. "So, what's up?" You asked him.