"Yeah, and I'm gonna be filming for her so she can make a little YouTube video out of it if she wants and if not she has a video to look back on." Alex explained.

"I am so excited!" Boldy celebrated.

"You're excited about the alcohol not Peyton." Pat said.

"Would you shut up Moynihan?" Boldy said sternly, making all of us laugh.

"Hey, why wasn't I included in this? I know it's not official but Peyton's kinda my girl, what if I had plans to take her out tonight." Trevor said to me.

"Well did you?" I asked.

"No, but--"

"Then there's no problem." I smiled.

"Wait, you knew her birthday was tomorrow and you didn't plan on taking her out?" Alex asked.

"No," Trevor said.

"You didn't know..." I said.

"What?"

"He didn't know it was Peyton's birthday." I said and the guys started laughing at him.

"That's not true, fuck off." Trevor said

"Then what'd you get her?" Pat asked.

"It's a surprise." Trevor said.

"Yeah to you." Case said making the boys laugh.

I scoffed as I gathered my things from the table and started leaving.

"Where you goin?" Turcs asked.

"Library, I have to study for our math quiz next hour." I said. "I haven't gotten the notes in a couple weeks." I said, shifting my eyes toward Trevor, as he's been hogging Peyton's notes.

Alex nodded his head at me and I left. Since Peyton started hanging out with Trevor she's been different. We talk less and she doesn't laugh at my bad jokes as much. I turned the corner into the library and Peyton and Marley were sitting at a table, whispering intently. I walked down a row of books as close to them as possible and tried to listen.

"Jack's been weird lately." Peyton said.

"What do you mean?" Marley asked getting nervous about the surprise party. I swear if this girl blows it.

"I don't know, he's quieter and he doesn't really text me or answer my texts anymore, and he stopped making his corny jokes." Peyton explained.

It's been me? I'm shutting her out? I didn't even realize.

"Maybe he's getting anxious about hockey, don't they scrimmage Canada next weekend?" Marley asked.

"Yeah, you're right that's probably it." Peyton agreed.

"How's Trevor?" Marley asked and I lost interest.

I walked about 5 rows down before sitting at a different table with my back to theres and put my headphones in to try and look over my garbage notes.

Marley and Peyton had left the library earlier than the end of the lunch period so I waited until the bell to leave. Still, I arrived to math before them. I flopped down in my desk and continued looking over my notes until the rest of the group came in, which made it impossible to concentrate.

"Okay class, clear your desks with everything except a pencil." Mr. Hendricks said as he entered the room. "Your quiz is 20 questions multiple choice, you have half the period. Good luck."

Once he passed out the quizzes I started trying to figure out how to not physically start crying. After twenty minutes had past I was starting to panic, as I only had three questions answered and 10 minutes left, when there was a tap on my shoulder and I turned to face Peyton.

"I think you dropped this." She whispered, holding a blue mechanical pencil.

"What? No I didn't." I said, showing her my pencil.

"I think you did."

"I don't even use mechanical--"

"Just take the fucking pencil Jack!" She whispered and I obliged.

I was tapping it anxiously on my desk when I noticed the tiny piece of paper folded under the clip. I pulled it out and opened it and it was the answers. I fake stretched backward over Peyton's desk and whispered, "I love you" hearing her giggle I quickly filled in the answers and put my pencil down.

"Alright, everyone pass your tests forward," Hendricks said as we all obliged. "The remainder of the hour is yours, feel free to start your homework."

"You are god's greatest creation." I said to Peyton making her giggle.

"It was nothing, I saw you struggling and when I noticed the time I figured I'd help. Why didn't you ask me for help?" She asked.

"I don't know, you've been--"

"That was so easy," Trevor said, interrupting me.

"Busy." I said under my breath.

When class ended I gathered my things and Peyton came up to me.

"Hey," She said, "I'm never too busy for you, you're my best friend."

"Thank you."

"You coming, Peyton?" Trevor said from the door.

"I'll send you the homework when I do it." She smiled, jogging over to Trevor.

Maybe so but, not tonight.

After English I tried to get out to my car as quickly as possible to avoid Peyton, but she had parked a few spaces over from me.

"Rowdy!" She called, jogging over to me. "Wanna hang out?"

"Uh, can't I have to go to the dentist." I lied.

"Oh, okay. Want me to take Luke now? He cam just chill with the boys until practice."

"Yeah, his bag is in my trunk if you wanna take it, I gotta run." I smiled, getting in my car.

That was absolutely terrible lying, I don't think my hands have ever sweat so much, not even in my gloves. It'll all be worth it in the end.