I met her eyes, "am I not supposed to be?"

"No, its good. Nervous is good, it gives a sense of understanding and knowing the powers you have, they make you stronger" she tells me before putting a hand to my arm.

My eyes leave hers and land on my friends again, "Its them I'm most nervous about, and not the fighting part"

"The real battle"

I nod, "yeah, I just don't want them getting hurt or anything because of me. And you Susan" I turn to her.

She smiles, "you and Stacey are family, my only family besides Dad. I couldn't put you guys in danger and this" I look to her house, or should I say mansion.

"This is yours, and it can't get messed up like the camp did. I can't allow that"

"Then don't Zoe, I can't risk putting you in so much danger by yourself. You should just be grateful you have family besides me and her and your Dad. Your friends"

She stops talking and turns to them and I do the same.

"They are here for you, the energy they have is like no other. They love you Zo and they have your back" she finishes but I can still feel her need to say something else.

I nod, "so have their backs" she tells me.

"Okay"

We make our way over to everyone else, Marg stands to the side along with John and Jake. I look at them and Margaret sends me a small smile with a nod. I suddenly wonder what they've talked about the entire time I'd been standing nervously on the side.

"If any of you guys hurt my cousin, I will kill you" Stacey announces loud enough so everyone can hear. I laugh and meet her eyes.

"You don't have to do that" I tell her, "it's more of the other way around"

"Shouldn't we wear like shields or something, I mean have you guys seen the girls powers in action?" Will speaks out.

I smile, "you scared Will?"

He chuckles under his breath, "um, yeah. This is crazy but also going to be fun"

"Alright, everyone wait off to the side" Margaret calls and I look up at her while everyone makes there way toward the end of the grass where Susan stands next to her daughter and John stands next to Jake.

She makes her way over to me, her hand resting on my shoulder.

"You gonna be okay Zo?"

I nod, "yeah, I mean its practice. Not like it's the real thing"

"Right, but your powers may want it to be the real deal. They may take full control in which hopefully you won't let them"

I blink. If that happens, I'll have no other choice but to kill myself.

"I won't" I say.

"Good, with that being said: kill em" she let's go of me and heads over to everyone else again.

"Okay, so this is how things will work. You guys will go as I call you too, you fight but try not to kill each other if you know what I mean. Be careful but also don't hold back, pretend like your really fighting except remember its your friend" Her eyes land on me.

"Yeah, that makes perfect sense" James blurts and someone laughs.

"Zoe" I meet Susan's eyes, she nods her head and motions for me to get ready. I return the gesture.

I head further into the grass, theres the cliff with a hill that isn't far down but it's still there even as I can't see it. Theres a small stream of water making its way down the path of rocks and plants and grass. I don't stand close to it but not far either.