Chapter 32

Eren P.O.V

The rest of the week was just as hectic as the first day. Etiquette lessons sucked the life out of me and the same with eating with the royal family. Yet, every now and then, Levi would hold my hand from under the table, and that always made me blush.

But there was one problem.

"Ow!" Levi yelped as I stepped on his foot again. "Sorry!" I cried out as we swayed to the sound of the music.

I can't dance to save my life...

I sighed in defeat as I stared at our feet, trying my absolute hardest to follow his steps, but at the same time being flustered because of the weird looks the pianist was giving me. "Remember you have to look up at me." He reminded, and I grit my teeth. "Yeah yeah..." I muttered and slowly looked up.

Then about five seconds later, I stepped on his poor toe, which was now most likely a pancake because of how many times I've slammed my foot on it. "I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed as he flinched. "Should've seen it coming..." he mumbled before looking at me again, his grip on my waist and hand tightening.

I flushed a slight red and looked down again, making him sigh. "You have thirty seconds, to memorize my steps, then you have to look up." I nodded, not breaking my gaze away from the floor.

I watched as he took step after step, and I followed him, flinching as I nearly stepped on his toe a few times, and I almost cried out in shock as he raised his arm and twirled me around before pulling my body back towards his, pressing us against each other. "Alright, times up." I took a deep breath and met his gaze.

Feel the music...

I listened to the beat and started to try and feel where my foot was landing. It worked, and he smiled down at me. That is until I nailed him on the toe again."I'm sorry!" I exclaimed again as he paused.

Then he looked at the pianist and he quickly halted his fingers before fumbling with them in his lap."That's enough for the day. I'm afraid you might break my foot." I gave him a sheepish chuckle and he sighed.

The pianist closed the piano before bowing and exiting the room, leaving Levi and me alone under the chandelier."I'm sorry! Dancing is so weird and awkward for me! I don't know why I'm so bad at it!" I exclaimed, and he sighed."At this rate my toes will fall off..." he trailed, and I sighed. "Sorry. Dancing isn't my thing." I repeated, and he chuckled."Really? I never would have guessed!" He replied, making me giggle as he sat on the floor, his legs sprawled out and his arms holding up the front part of his body from the back.

I giggled at how informal this was, but I didn't care. Mostly because we were the only two people in the room. I softly sat beside him, my tail coat spreading out around me, making it almost impossible to see my legs. He pulled on his cravat loosening it a little and let out a huff of air. He smiled at me and we just kind of watched each other for a moment.

Then he chuckled before tilting his head, facing the sky with his eyes closed. "I can't believe it. You and I will get married in one week..." he muttered, and I flushed red."I remember hating the idea, but now it doesn't seem so bad." He said as he opened the eye that faced me, and his smile brightened, making me flush underneath his gaze."Uh... yeah. I'm excited too." I replied, flustered beyond comprehension. "I can't wait to see how you look in that dress." He smirked down at me, causing me to flush red.

"What do you mean dress?!" I exclaimed as my eyes grew ten times larger. I heard him laugh before a head leaned on my lap. I looked down, and sure enough, he was smiling up at me."Of course, that's what you'll wear its tradition..." he said smirking again, before he awkwardly placed a hand on my cheek and pulled me down towards him, encasing my lips with his own.