Chapter 7

Eren P.O.V

I found my shoes sitting where I left them, on the floor next to the bed. The pup saw me look at them, and got up from his nap and grabbed them before running over and retrieving them for me. I pet his little head and he barked.

I shushed him, knowing that animals weren't allowed in the palace unless they were apart of the royal family. He got the memo and crawled under the bed. With a light giggle and one final look around, I shut the door and closed it with my foot. I hopped slightly whilst I tried putting on my shoes.

It was a peaceful stroll until I saw the vase and sopping wet carpet. With a resentful sigh, I picked up the rock vase and ran to the nearest washroom. I earned a bunch of sceptical glances as I filled up the vase with water again, and I bolted down the hallway. When the lilies were in arms length, I grabbed them and shoved them back in the vase before they could start dying.

When that was done, I scrambled for a mop and a towel. Luckily, there was a kitchen nearby, and I grabbed the mop and hand towel before anyone noticed my presence. With a quick clean, the carpet was as good as new, except for the smell of mud.

Oh well!

-+~•~+-

So, you're allergic to milk?" I asked Armin as we walked down the hallway. I'd caught up to him as I was walking down the hallway to return the books to the library since Levi had said he was done with them, and he was lugging trash to the disposal room.

"Yes. I've never h-had milk in my l-life." He muttered, stumbling over his own words as he tumbled over his own feet, but keeping balance. We had been talking about things we didn't like, and when I asked her about mouldy milk, he had told me that he was allergic, so he'd never smelled it before.

"Well sorry. It's really good." I mumbled, not thinking about what I was saying. "Gee thanks, Eren." He mumbled, and I chuckled. "Sorry," I replied. He giggled and shook his head, his golden locks flowing around his head as he did so."So, how's Lady Kuchel?" I asked, and he smiled."She's really nice. A-And sometimes if she has leftover food, sh-she'll give it to me, and sometimes she e-even orders food specifically for m-me..." he trailed off in thought, and I smiled.

Armin looked off into the distance as if reflecting on something, and I looked ahead. Then he turned left when I had to turn right. With a quick wave and a cheery smile, we were going our separate ways.

-+~•~+-

"Oh look at that, dogs are now allowed in the library." Petra sneered as I walked through the colossal oak doors. "Ah, and rats too," I replied, and a red flush grew on her face as she scoffed. "How dare you?!" She exclaimed, and I rolled my eyes.

You just referred to me as a dog, and I retorted. Is that so wrong?

As I walked to the appropriate places in the library to put the books up, I noticed a book that I had never seen before. It was hidden behind a row of books and was laying flat on the cover. After shoving a few books out of the way, I managed to slip the book out of the crack. It was too dusty to read, so I swiped my hand across the top.

The Kingdom of Trost

"I've never heard of this one before..." I mumbled as I wiped the rest of the dust off of the book. The cover was the title at the top in beautiful calligraphy, and the front picture was of a beautiful castle that glimmered in the daylight. Its walls were mostly composed of your average brick and stone, but there were accents of gold, diamond, emeralds, and other colours that represented royalty.

The whole thing was covered by around moat, but the water inside was a bright blue, almost unnaturally blue. It seemed to be some kind of mint bluish-green colour. I furrowed my brows as I took in the shape of the looming palace. The front had a draw bridge, but beautifully cut diamonds surrounding it, then a pillar on each side, each with winding strips of gold, and vines with flowers grown in them making braids and shapes with their weeds as they climbed down the tower.