"Lily Watson Sparrow"

Another day passed and Oliver had still not awoken. I was in the cabin with Dad and Elizabeth. I had not let go of Oliver's hand, I even ate with one hand when I had to.

"Lily, just leave him be, he'll wake up soon" said Dad for the millionth time today.

"I've told you before Dad, I am NOT letting his hand go"

"Fine"

"Fine"

"Fine, I'm going to the helm, I'll send Gibbs down to check on Oliver" said Dad finally, as he walked out the door.

"Fine!" I yelled after him, I always had to the last word.

"Lily?" asked Elizabeth, she walked up to me and stood behind my chair. She placed a hand on my shoulder.

"What?" I snapped. Everyone had been on Dad's side of the argument since I had vowed to stay next to Oliver until he woke up. Partly because Dad was their captain and partly because they thought I was being ridiculous. Well, if being in love was ridiculous, than indeed, I was.

"Let Gibbs check Oliver over now, like he does everyday" Elizabeth continued. I watched as Gibbs came in, as Elizabeth said, he had done this everyday since I woke up, I had made sure of it, I was not about to let my Oliver go without a fight.

"Lily, you'll have to go and eat something at sometime today, can't have you collapsing from hunger can we?"

"I'll eat when I feel like it Gibbs" I retorted.

"Lily" That was funny. I could have sworn Gibbs said my name, but he didn't open his mouth, and the voice seemed dim and raspy.

"Lily?" the voice repeated, turned to the source of this voice and to my delight I saw Oliver's eyes, open, and his hand reaching out for mine.

"Oliver!" I gasped, running back over to him and grabbing his hand. I kissed it repeatedly and couldn't stop grinning.

"Are you ok? How are feeling? Can I get you anything? Are you hurting...?" I began. i glared at Gibbs "You see, Gibbs, if I had gone just then, I would have missed this"

"Lily" said Oliver, a smile showed up weakly on his face. "Leave me be, get some rest, you look like you need it, and get some food down your throat" he said to me.

"Are you sure?" I asked, I didn't want to leave him.

"Aye" he said. I didn't need anymore than that simple word, I went out of the cabin, but I wasn't that far away to hear Gibbs say;

"So, she'll do what the lad says, but not what her friends and family say?"

"Aye" said Elizabeth. Pirate. I thought, as I noted Elizabeth's new, slacker language use.

I was ecstatic. He was awake!

I grabbed an apple from the nearest cupboards and ran back to Oliver. Before I entered the cabin I took a big bite of the apple and threw it overboard. I swallowed what was in my mouth and went inside.

I got in and noticed Gibbs and Elizabeth had gone. I found Dad and Oliver talking to each other in hushed tones.

"Dad?" I asked, afraid I was missing something.