Chapter 6 (Revised)

Start from the beginning

He caught himself, figuratively swatting his thoughts away. This was inappropriate and completely against the rules, thinking these things about an outsider. He sat up and walked over to his dresser, pulling out a pair of sweatpants. He slid the sweatpants gently on over your jeans, and a used towel he left in his room to dry. He slid the towel underneath you, and finally placed the box of tampons and bottle of painkillers on the nightstand next to his bed. He stood back and looked at you.

"At least now she won't bleed all over my bed..." He turned and walked out, his hand on the doorknob. He turned around and took one last look at your unconscious form laying on his bed. He sighed, and closed the door gently behind him.

"Looks like I have the couch tonight."

~~

Masky laid on the couch, the TV playing some nonsense in the background he didn't quite care about. He laid awake staring at the ceiling, thinking about everything that happened. Thoughts raced through his mind when he was interrupted by the stairs creaking. He pretended to be asleep, as he heard you quietly stepping down the stairs. You walked to the fridge, and pulled out something to eat, Masky kept his eyes shut, his regular mask made it difficult to see if his eyes were open or closed. He heard you walk in his direction, and squeezed his eyes shut.

"Oh no, he left the TV on." You said in a gentle whisper. You reached over and turned off the TV. You set the remote down quietly on the table, and lingered, leaning on the couch. Masky silently prayed for you to leave, what could you possibly need? You sighed, and looked down at Masky, not being able to tell if he was asleep or not.

"Masky... are you asleep?" Masky thought if he should answer, but decided to keep up the charade that he was asleep.

"You must be asleep..." You paused, hesitating to say the things you wanted to say. You tucked a strand of Masky's hair behind his mask, and took every ounce of his self control not to flinch.

"Thank you for getting everything for me, I know it wasn't easy, especially since you had to fight Toby in the front lawn." You looked down at him, to make sure he was still asleep before saying anything else.

"It must have been you then, who bandaged me up, who carried me to bed, and gave me pajamas... I feel awful you got into such an intense fight because of me." Masky laid there, a pang of guilt spread through his whole body. He didn't want you to feel bad or guilty because of anything he or Toby chose to do.

"I wish I could do something to repay you for helping me in my moment of need." You looked up at the wall, and let out a long sigh. You closed your eyes for a moment collecting your thoughts. You walked over to the arm of the couch where Masky was resting his head. You leaned down, and as gently as you could, placed a small, chaste, kiss on the forehead of his Mask.

"Everyone calls you Tim or Timothy, is that your name? I hope one day I can call you Tim too." You stood back up, and turned to walk back upstairs.

"I feel guilty sleeping in your bed, I'll go take one of the guest beds." You muttered to yourself. Masky shot up without thinking, and grabbed your arm.

"No! You can sleep in my bed!" Masky immediately realized what he did. "Oh shit..."

You turned around, you were immediately filled with shock, and a deep blush covered your face. He was never meant to know any of that, you only said and did those things because you thought he was asleep! You were at a total loss for words, and so was Masky. He immediately regretted doing what he just did. The two of you stood there in silence, both standing there staring at each other, the light of a lone candle illuminating your features, but making Masky look like a silhouette.

"Sir, I'm sorry I was totally out of line." Masky moved his hand from your wrist to your hand, intertwining his hand with yours.

"I should've told you I was awake." He must be sick or something, Masky admitting that he's wrong? That was the first thing that came to your mind. He stood up from the couch, letting go of your hand. He came and he stood in front of you, completely blocking any candle light. Both of your faces and bodies were shrouded in darkness, you couldn't see any sort of reaction the other had, and it was nerve wracking for both of you. Masky was filled with deep feelings of confusion. He had just finished convincing himself that you were nothing special, that there was nothing that defined you. He thought the only reason he had any sort of semblance of emotion towards you was because of the simple fact that he enjoyed having you here to clean up after him and cook his meals. Who wouldn't want that? He quickly came to terms with the fact that he did feel something towards you, and he was scared of what that might lead to.

He wanted nothing more than to rip off his mask and kiss you, but he hesitated. No, this was completely inappropriate. Having you come back here in the first place was a bad idea. But he couldn't send you back now, he was sure the town had already pronounced you dead. He had gotten in too deep, and it was too late to turn back. This was a mistake, he thought he was better than this.

He hated that he felt this way, ever since he started this chapter of his life he convinced himself he was better off alone, and here he was contradicting one of his core ideas. You stood before him, your very presence making him question every experience he's ever had leading up to now. The silence was deafening, neither of you wanting to say anything. Masky's arms moved on their own, grabbing your shoulders. "What am I doing...?"

You didn't quite know what to do, you felt your heart beating out of your chest, a bright red blush dusting your cheeks. Being here, alone in this moment with Masky felt different than all the other times the two of you shared this lonely cabin. Masky moved slowly, lifting his hands to your face. You froze, watching in anticipation as he slowly moved his mask off his face, and setting it down on the couch. You couldn't see his face, he stood in front of you like a tall, dark, shadow. You looked down to the couch and saw the soft light from the candle shining on his signature mask. You looked back up, trying to decipher at least one of his features, but the light in the room didn't allow it.

Your heart was beating even faster, your palms becoming more and more sweaty. The two of you stood there in anticipation, waiting for the other to make some sort of move. Masky cupped your right cheek with his hand, his hand was cold like always, but felt soothing against your warm, blushing cheeks.

"Your face is burning up, you know that?" Masky finally broke the silence, playing with you. You giggled, and leaned against his hand.

"What can I say? I'm just hot as hell." Masky snorted, and leaned in towards you. You heart thumping so loudly you could hear it. He was inches from your face, pausing when your lips were just about to touch.

"You're a real piece of work." Masky's breath was hot, and smelled slightly of cigarette smoke. "Oh god... What on earth am I doing?" This was all happening so suddenly, like waves crashing down over a beach. You only just met this man recently, he tried to kill you in cold blood the day you first met. You wanted to push him away but there was something drawing you to him, something you couldn't explain. Everything felt so wrong, but so right in that moment. Before you could complete another thought Masky pressed his lips to yours, suddenly and unexpectedly. He immediately pulled away, your heart sank, and Masky reached for his mask.

"I'm sorry, this was a mistake..." Your eyes widened, and you watched in slow motion as Masky went to grab his mask. This was it, it was now or never, make up your mind.

"Ah shit, what do I have to lose..." You grabbed Masky's face and smashed your lips against his. Masky was taken aback, processing what on earth just happened to him. He gave in to your kiss, putting one hand on your back and another snaked around your waist, pulling you closer. You wrapped your arms around his neck, the two of you staying in your current position. You pulled away to breathe and the two of you didn't know what to say.

"I-I'm sorry..." You broke the silence, and shifted away from him. Masky reached over and put his mask back on, sitting back down on the couch, not saying a word. You couldn't tell if you had pissed him off or made him uncomfortable. But he laid down on the couch, pulling his blanket over him facing away from you. You sighed, and walked back up the stairs into Masky's room. To say you were confused was an understatement, what the hell was that? You groaned, and rolled around in Masky's bed, trying your best to get some sleep.