Chapter 6

This is about half of the chapter. I couldn't publish the rest because of some illegal saving issue /)_=

Your POV

When it became silent outside your door, you sat up from your bed and walked to the door. It was a little darker outside from when you had first entered the room. You had somewhat heard the conversations of Yukio and RIn outside, maybe in the kitchen. They were skits like, "Yukio... never do anything like that again..." and "I need to tell her I'm sorry...". Everytime he said the word sorry you could feel your eyes forming waterfalls to downpour over your cheecks. You finally had built up enough courage and self-confidence to go and apologize to Rin himself because you felt bad enough making him feel guilty.

As you wiped the dried tears off of your face, you exited the room and went to the living room where you saw Rin sitting. One last deep breath left your lungs and you quietly walked up to the couch where he was sitting, eyes shadowed by his hair. As he noticed your appearence, he looked up at you with terrified eyes, then looked down again, trembling. As yo were about to break the silence, Rin leaped from the couch and landed on your chest. Keeping your balance, you stare down at him in shock- not from the fact that it was so sudden, but the fact that he was crying. You had never seen him, nor even put thought into what he would look like crying. His arm tightened around your back like he was never going to let go. As you ajusted to the moment, you hugged his head to comfort him. It felt a little different from when you usually did, besides the trembling. It wasn't that you were mad at him. It wasn't that you were scared of him. It wasn't that you were proud of him. It was just the fact that it was the son of hell's god.

**Flashback- Your POV

"Hey, Rin? When you become an exorcist knight, what will you do to help the world?" It was a sunny afternoon after lunch, sitting outside on a grassy hill. Rin looked up at the sun and replied, "Simple- save others and kill any of Satan's spawns anywhere I see 'em. What else would I do?". He laughed and looked at your hand. "Of course, I'd protect you first." Your hand was now holding his. "(y/n), my life belongs to you. I ask for nothing more than your appearence of love." "Aww, Rin..." He looks at you with soft eyes. "You can count on me like 1, 2, 3, because I know I can count on you like 4, 3, 2. Anything, anytime, I will be there for you."

**End of Flashback- Your POV

'Nothing's going to be the same again... I know the true secret- no, the true form of Rin. I wonder why he didn't tell me... of course... He'd never want to scare me like that. If he really is a.. demon.. how can he enter the academy? Does that mean Yukio is a demon too? Are they even demons? Maybe half humans... Was he born with that power? How many others know about the flames? I've never seen them in person. Was he part of the Blue Night..? How many others have this power?' So many questions were racing through your head, but you had to deal with one thing at a time. Right now, that was telling Rin that you weren't mad, scared, or upset at him.

Rin's POV

They wouldn't stop- continuiously rolling over and down my cheecks. My fists clentched even tighter. I couldn't believe what the hell had happened tonight. She'd never want to see me again, knowing that my "father" murdered her parents. Nothing left was to hide from her other that the fact that it was true- I am the son of Satan. No one said I liked it. My goal, my dream, is to kick Satan's ass and lead the light from the heavens to the world. I no longer had the strength to do that.

After hugging her tighter, I felt two soft hands hug my head. They were (y/n)'s. I could feel my eyes widen and my tears overflowing my eyes, making my vision blurry. How could she still touch me- no, even look at me after seeing who I was? "It's ok... Everything's alright... Believe me..." She hummed into my ear. I looked up at her. Her eyes were soft and welcoming, mines greiving with pain and sorrow, hopeless to find strength to find the light. "(y-y/n)... I didn't... I didn't mean... to hurt you..." I managed to mumble between sobbing gasps. She hugged my head tighter and I felt a drop of water land on my ear. As I looked back up at her and saw another fall from her cheeck to mine. It was so warm, like the love of her melting into my ice cold hatred. I pushed back from her and found myself eye-leveled to her. Two more water drops rolled down her face and I wiped them away with my thumb before they could hit the floor. I rested my forehead on hers and said, "I'm sorry, (y/n). I truly am. I hope you understand my feelings for you haven't changed, they've grown stronger. You probably never want to speak with me again... I should of explained myself way before we-". "No. It's not.. your fault... It's mine.. for seeing.. you... I'm sorry... Rin... " I couldn't hold back any longer. I lifted her chin up and pressed her lips agents mine. Yet again hers were warmer than mine, filled with courage and hope. After a second or two of sudden surprise, she accepted my offering of apology and enjoyed what she could find. A tear down hers and one down mine, the dusk turned to midnight as we softly kissed in the living room with the dim light.