Chapter 16

~Shinso's P.O.V~

I readjusted my tie, tightening it up to my neck and put it under my blazer. I sigh and shove my hands into my pockets, quietly looking at myself in the mirror.

"Hun!" My mom calls from downstairs and I perk up.

"Yeah?!" I answer back, quickly fixing my hair and grabbing my bag from my dresser.

My eyes travel up to my shelf full of kittens and notice the empty spot. Dust surrounded the black surface and there was a lopsided circle that was completely clean. A sigh falls from my lips but I smile, knowing that Doka had taken it and made my way out of my room.

"Doka's here!" Mom says as I rounded the corner to the kitchen where two females were chatting. I made eye contact with Doka and she grinned, waving at me.

"Uh, hey..." I greet awkwardly, sitting by her at the bar and dropping my bag off beside my chair.

"Sorry I came so early but I wanted to walk to school together." She smiles at me and I can feel myself physically melt.

Why am I acting like this, it's just Doka for Christ's sake.

I shake my head and look down at the counter, hearing my mom moving around in the kitchen. She slides a plate infront of me and Doka, the smell of breakfast filling my nose. The omelette steamed as I cut it open with my fork, shoving a bite into my mouth. "

Shinso hun, I need you to check the mail and water the plants when you get home, okay?" Mom asks me as I shovel another piece of omelette into my mouth.I give her a confused look but nod anyways.

"I won't be here later, my boss said that were going out of town for our next project so I probably won't be back until tomorrow night." She explains cleaning up the mess and dishes that she used for breakfast.

Doka looked at me from her spot, the plate she was using was completely cleaned.

"Alright, were off mom, love you." I get up from my spot and hug her from over the counter before picking up my bag from the floor. We both walk out of the door and I close It behind us, feeling the cold wind hit us.

"So you actually wanted to walk me to school today?" My attention turns to Doka and she looks over at me, her face becoming bright red.

"Uh, yeah, we don't have to if you don't want to." She replies quietly and I can feel my heart slightly hurt from hearing her words.

"I-I don't mind it." I stutter back and mentally facepalm at how stupid I probably sounded.

Why do I get like this?

I shake my head and continue walking down the street with her by my side. Her hand stayed at her sides while I shoved mine into my pockets.

The cold air bit at my cheeks and I didn't understand how Doka was able to withstand the cold. She was wearing the normal attire for the school dress code. A shorts sleeve white button up, a skirt and her long socks. I felt bad for the lack of clothing that they made them wear, even in the colder weather so I did the only thing I could think of.

I pulled my hand from my pocket and held her hand, shoving both of our hands back into it. She seemed a little taken back by it, staring down at my waist before looking up at me. I didn't make eye contact with her, thinking that I would make things awkward.

"Thanks Shinso," She said softly and I could feel my heart melt into my chest.

"Yeah, uh, don't worry about it." I could feel my heart start pounding in my throat and I struggled to swallow. My cheeks heated up at how stupid I probably sounded to her.