XII. lights: روشنی

please comment and vote
if you see a mistake/grammar error/all that jazz do let me know I appreciate it.

"Wah kya shayari maari hai!" Zarmina exclaimed.
"Damn, those lines though!"

"Your Urdu is trash." Zach shook his head, his eyes still on the woman who was staring at her bangles clad, never meeting his eyes.

"You're right! my parents will probably be appalled if they heard me like this." She sighed. "Wait! that reminds of something my parents sent for you guys." She smiled as she went to rummage through her bag.

The rest of their cousins had retired to their rooms, but they all had gathered back in Ayla and Zarmina's room after changing in comfortable clothes. Kabir was sitting at the edge of the bed against the wall next to Ayla as they shared a huge bowl of Kheer from the wedding. Rabail was dozing off in her husband's arms as they were comfortably sitting at the end of the sofa. Zach had pulled the cushion, He was sprawled on the floor.

Zarmina brought a golden lacquer box that had intricate designs painted on it. She was blushing red as she sat on the other end of the couch. She nudged Rabail who rubbed her eyes with the heel of her palms. Zarmina handed over the lacquer box to her.

"This is from my parents." She scratched the back of her neck. "I wasn't going to give it to you because it's ridiculous but they'll be expecting a reply."

Ayla licked the spoon as she intently watched what was in the box. Rabail opened the box and there was a traditional handmade red scarf, intricately threaded beads, zari crystals, and pearls. Along with that was the head chain made with bells at the end of it.

"These are all handmade from back home. A traditional gift given. This is for you." Zarmina bit her lip.

Rabail put that away and under that was a while men's woolen cap with a feather attached to it.

"And this is for Asfandyar."

Rabail put the cap on her husband's head and picked up a scroll from the box.

"Your family is really... different. And dramatic."

"They're giving you a tough competition." Zach popped a peanut in his mouth as he raised his eyebrow. Rabail huffed and sneered at him. Picking up an orange, she hit him square in the head.

"Bull's eye. " She pushed her glasses up back and rolled out the scroll.

"Brace yourself." Zarmina sighed as she plopped back against the couch.

Stamped on top of the scroll was a logo consisted of a markhor, mountains, and swords. Below that was written, Kashan Palace. Her eyebrows went up, Zarmina shrugged.

Dear Mr

Dear Mr. Asfandyar Khan and Mrs. Rabail Noor

The Royal Family sends their apologies for not able to attend your wedding on the Twenty-Seventh of December. We hope the wedding was an affair of joy and blessing. The Royal Family sends the heartiest congratulations and warm wishes along with prayers for your prosperous married life. Along with blissful wishes, Their Royal Highnesses are thankful for Miss Rabail Noor for taking utmost care of Princess Zarmina Kashani. Her Majesty, Queen Zarnaaz Kashani, will forever be in debt to Miss Rabail Noor for becoming a family to Princess Zarmina. His Majesty, Mirzaad Kashani, and Her Majesty would like to extend the invitation to Mr. and Mrs. Khan along with their family and friends. On behalf of the Kingdom of Kashan, The Royal Family cordially invites you all to come and celebrate the auspicious New Year's eve with them and the people of Kashan. We are looking forward to seeing you all. We hope that you will bestow us the honor of celebrating the beautiful and prosperous beginning of the New year.