He was dressed in all black besides his loafers that were red bottoms and Amari was his splash of color, in every sense of the phrase

He was dressed in all black besides his loafers that were red bottoms and Amari was his splash of color, in every sense of the phrase. His thumb brushed against his bottom lip as pulled Amari closer and the carefully descended the stairs.

"They look good, huh?" Hunter asked from beside me.

"Yeah." I mumbled. "I never would've come up with an outfit like that."

"I know." Hunter laughed. "If we could've we would've done that Tonight."

"Boys look at Amari!" Mom said as she rushed over to us. "She looks beautiful."

"Like a dream." I mumbled.

Mom waved Amari over to us and she happily came over. Amari was no long on crutches or in the boot and she was putting her healed ankle to use in those red bottoms.

"Hey guys!" She smiled hugging us.

I wanted our hug to linger, but Amari was quick to get back to Jake.

"This is Jake. I met him at the dress shop and we hit it off." She said smiling up at him.

The last time I've seen her this happy was when she talked her Dad into letting her get a snake. That was also followed by the saddest I've ever seen her when her Mom made her Dad take it back. Something in me hopes sadness wouldn't follow her this time, but the other part hoped I'd be there to pick up the pieces of it did.

"Jake, this is my brother Hunter and my best friend Tyler." She introduced us. "This is my Mom and My Aunt, Maya, But you've already met them."

"Yes, of course." He nodded before shaking Hunter's hand and holding his hand out to me.

I glanced at his hand then back to his face. I glanced over to Amari who was pleading with me through her eyes. I sighed and shook his hand.