The Closing Chapter

Start from the beginning

"Man shut the fuck up, I barely even shoved you! You fell hard, get over yourself and go sleep off that fucking attitude in some other room cause you ain't lying with me tonight!"

"You think I'd want to sleep next to you?"

"Run your mouth again!" He squared up to me,

"Or what? You'll put me in hospital again?!"

"Run it! One more time!"

"Third time lucky is it? Maybe kill me off this time eh!"

"Man I swear!" He gripped at his head and booted a table stand over next to us,

"You don't scare me any more..." I shook my head and walked up stairs to leave him to it. The fight was gone in me, I was sick of the same old shit, having the same old arguments. It was pathetic.

The next morning I made sure I was up early enough to start getting my stuff together. Marshall had gone for his morning training so it allowed me to pack everything without him either screaming at me or dragging everything out of the suitcases.
With all being packed thanks to the reluctant help of Betty I then made a phone call to Tanya to sort out a private flight and a car to pick me up now that I had no keys to a car.
All the luggage stood around me in the foyer as I waited with the door open for my car. I wasn't hanging around for another fight, I was emotionally drained and had no strength in me to argue my left over voice away.
Plus it wasn't like I was leaving for good without saying my goodbyes to anyone, I was due to go back to England for a short vacation but I was just two weeks early. Maybe this is what we needed, a proper break to allow us to miss each other and remember our true feelings rather than him just being able to come and get me from a drivable distance.
I had too be strong and prove my point, what good would caving in do me? It'd prove to him that he did have total control of all of the relationship, well he didn't and I needed to teach him a fucking lesson that I was capable of being without him and that I wouldn't always give in to him, he had to learn that he couldn't keep treating me this way and he needed to know how serious I was without me caving in.He was so self assured on everything and so used to everyone except his enemies obeying him, well I wasn't on his payroll and I certainly wasn't under his control anymore so it was time to break the hold he had on me and teach him the value of needing to make a change in a relationship rather than just putting up with shit.

After an emotional talk and a goodbye Betty helped me load the car up along with the chauffeur. I loaded my last bag and wiped a tear that fell. Just as I slammed down the boot I saw Marshall's car come crawling up, as he came into view he put down his window staring at me with a confused face, he then put on his hand break, shut off the engine and got out,

"Back to Sarah's?" he bitched as he slammed the door behind himself, this was exactly the arrogance that I couldn't keep dealing with, he was never going to take me seriously if I stayed in Detroit.

"No. Home" I kept it short,

"Wait, what?" He stopped walking past me and turned around,

"I told you, I'm going" I kept firm and certain,

"You ain't going home" he laughed cockily,

"I think we need this" I folded my arms and looked away,

"No, no you can't just... you can't leave like that. And, you was gonna go get on a plane without even fuckin' telling me? You're supposed to love me and you was gonna leave without no explanation, a call or text, you'd do me like that?!"

"No explanation? Last night was all the explanation you needed, maybe if you wasn't so fucking cock sure you'd of believed me. Anyway I'm not doing this here, I need to go, I'm sorry. I told you last night"