chapter twenty five - overwhelmed

A/N: If it's possible, please listen to the song above once the writing goes into italics! It fits perfectly :)

"I think I need to go and see him."

Looking up with startled eyes at my words, I feel breathless as emotions bombard me. Every moment that we've ever has plays like a videotape in my head. Every flirt, every kiss, every moment. Running into his arms. Holding him close to me even though he could never be close enough. What were we thinking?

An article came out. One of hundreds that have been about me and I'm going to throw the best god damn thing that's ever happened to me out of the window? No. I refuse. We're not going down like this. Even if he's still angry at me, he needs to know that I want this. Him. Everything that comes with it and that includes the media.

Clara notices my change in my emotions and looks at me with a glint in her eye. "I think you should go for it." She smiles.

"I'm going to. I'll see you guys later." I say, rushing out in a flurry of jumbled words.

Making my way out, I hail a taxi as the rain pounds down onto my hair, the storm arriving just as predicted. But I don't feel the rain drops, or the wind from the summer storm that we're having. I'm immune to it all as I sit in the taxi, reciting the address that's been tattooed into my mind nine months ago.

Inside of me is a ball of hope, golden and shining as I make my way to where I belong.

Watching the rain bounce off of the windows, the darkening sky makes city feel small and enclosed. Closing my eyes with content, memories of my happiest day come flooding back to me.

"You are so wrong!" I laugh, holding my stomach as it begins to ache with all of the laughing. "Penguins are so cute. They're harmless."

"They are not." Theo argues, flicking his napkin towards me with discontent. "They are beasts."

"Beats? Really? They can't even fly!"

"That's what makes them even freakier!"

"Oh my god, you are hopeless." I roll my eyes.

Theo grins at me. "Would now be a bad time to say hopeless for you?"

"There's never a bad time to say that." I smile back, my heart fluttering against my rib-cage.

"Never a bad time to say dessert, either. That was amazing." He smiles, his brown eyes warm.

I stand up from my chair and run a hand down my dress, smoothing out any crinkles. "Thank you."

"No, thank you." Theo smiles, standing up and wrapping an arm around my waist.

Dipping his head down, he connects our lips together in their addicting dance. Moving his hands from my waist to cradle my face, I hold onto his forearms as support. Adoration bombards me as I stretch up to get closer to him, never close enough. Breathing deeply as we separate, Theo begins to kiss down my neck as I giggle.