chapter twenty one - vacant

I remember it like it was yesterday

I remember it like it was yesterday. I remember the drugging feelings. The overwhelming emotions. How my heart never seemed to slow down, pounding against the inside of my rib-cage whilst screaming look at him! The feelings were new. They were unprecedented. But my lack of experience didn't make me fearful of them, it made me crave them more.

The party has been going on for a couple of hours. Hosted by Theo at his apartment, at least half of the cast and production crew were here. We had just watched the new, special episode for Queries and thank god is had gone down well with everyone here at this showing party. The show was doing well, but to be cast in an episode that's a turning point for the show is a lot of pressure. Of course it was going to be difficult, but I didn't realise that it was going to be as hard as it was.

The difficulty came from Theodore, who was a main star in the episode as well. God, he's across the room and I can still feel my eyes being drawn to him. What am I doing? This is wrong. So wrong. I'm basically breaking my whole contract by even having these kinds of memories. But, god, look at him. He's so good looking.

The problem is our contracts, obviously. Why wouldn't I have something restricting me from the hottest guy I've ever met? But that's only one side. I know he likes me, but is it enough to go for it? I don't think he's with me at the level I'm at with him. We have our moments, these beautiful blissful moments that I never want to end but they always do.

But it's a good thing they do. This isn't something I should be considering. He is off limits, no matter how good looking he is.

Standing up and running a hand through his brown hair, he laughs at something Noah has said. I smile slightly from a distance, desperately wishing I was there instead of stuck on this couch with some temps in the make-up team who are fan-girling over...I don't even know.

Realizing that I've zoned out, I force my mind back into the conversation. "He's just such a good actor. Like the way he shows his emotions on screen is insane. I don't even want to put make-up on him sometimes, he's too beautiful for it."

"He's too beautiful for anything other than my hands in his hair. Damn, whoever ends up with Theo is lucky."

"Theo?" I questions, finally getting intrigued in their juvenile conversations.

"Yep. You've got eyes, look at him! I'm so jealous that you got to work so closely with him." One of the girls grins at me, a glint in her eye.

I nod and force a smile, trying to swallow the lump in my throat. "He's a good co-star." I agree before excusing myself.

Standing up, I cast one last fake smile at the group before grabbing my cup that was sat beside me. In desperate need of a drink, I begin to make my way through to the kitchen when a warm hand clamps down on my wrist. Following the hand with my eyes, my breathing hitches as Theo's face comes into view. He smiles at me and my heart clicks into its faster tempo.