Tyler and I walked over to where coach stood. He handed Tyler a stack of blue jerseys and me a stack of red jerseys.

"Who's picking first?" I asked Coach.

"Rock Paper Scissors." He said.

Tyler and I played Rock Paper Scissors. I threw out Rock, he threw out Paper. He got to choose first.

"Chase."

We picked our teams and put on our jerseys before finally starting the game. Collin, who was on my team, kicked the ball to me and I dribbled it with my feet as Tyler chased after me. He kicked the ball over to some girl that was on his team.

"You suck at this." Tyler laughed.

"Suck my balls." I breathed before running after whoever had the ball.

After the Game

Tyler's team had won and it wasn't a surprise. We had 15 minutes of free time before we had to go get changed.

"Amari, I'll race you up the field!" Jason said tying his shoe.

"Alright, but you'll lose." I shrugged getting ready.

"We'll see." He laughed.

More people decided to join in on our race and we took off. We were running full speed to the opposite end of the field when someone called my name.

"Amari look out!" Some girl yelled.

I didn't know what she was talking about, but when I fell, my ankle hurt like hell. Everyone rushed over to see if I was okay and coach pushed them all out of the way.

"Rose, are you alright?" He asked gently touching my ankle.

"No." I said as a tear slipped down my cheek. "It hurts."

"Can you move it?" He asked and I shrugged. "Someone take her to the nurse."

"I'll do it." Tyler and Jason said at the same time.

"I'm her best friend so I'll do it." Tyler said bumping Jason as he came and picked me up bridal style.

He carried me to the nurses office carefully.

"Damn Amari. I knew you were bad at sports, but running?" He laughed.

"Shut up." I whimpered burying my face in his neck.

"It's probably only sprained. Nothing serious." He whispered.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"You're not screaming and cursing. It's definitely not broken." He laughed. "Don't worry. I'll get your bags and sit in the nurses office with you."

"Thanks." I whispered.

"No problem." He nodded.

Tyler did just as he promised. He took me to the nurse then went and got our gym bags. He even stopped at the vending machine and got some candy. The nurse ended up calling an ambulance and telling my mom to meet us at the hospital because she couldn't deal with my ankle. The hospital put me on crutches and a boot until further notice. The doctor also said that I shouldn't try to walk on it and I may need to be out of school for a few days. Tyler stayed with me at home while my mom headed back to work.