𝒆𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆; 𝘵𝘦𝘯

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙚𝙣 ; 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

"𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶

"𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶."

-

caleb zion kuwonu always knew he was different. maybe it had to do with the way he was chunkier than the other kids when he was younger; or maybe it had to do with the fact that he was an emotional wreck that loved the sentimental moments in life and really needed to grow thicker skin? maybe it had to do with the fact that he was homeschooled before being thrown into a building filled to the brim with children around his age? no, maybe it had to relate to him being two different races and most of his friends were one or the other?

it had to be because he has a passion for music while everyone else he knew much rather be a doctor or lawyer, right? maybe it was because he grew up thinking that liking the same gender was weird and uncommon so he should stay away? did it have something to do with him breaking the rule of staying away, and he ended up falling in love with another man anyway?

no, it was definitely because he much rather risk his life than get rid of an emotion. it had to be because of that.

it had to.

because if not, what else did he do wrong? he played it safe by drawing in the lines. he showed people the person they wanted him to be instead of expressing what he felt. he was never disrespectful unintentionally and much rather have peace engulf the world than hate.

what did he do wrong?

what did he do that made him so different? so different that he was forced into his grave earlier than he wanted. whatever he did, he would have taken it back. he would have begged for forgiveness and swear that he would have never done it again.

but he couldn't now.

he was gone.

he was dead.

he died from a broken heart.

and oh how edwin wished he didn't distance himself from zion for so long. their last few moments would have been memorable.

he always thought zion was selfish for chasing after a man who didn't love him back. but the man did love him back; and edwin saw that. he saw the admiration the two shared for one another whenever they were close together. the dominican thought that maybe if zion and brandon got closer than their true feelings will finally be expressed. edwin cared too much for zion, even if the taller never acted the same way.

except the exact opposite happened.

zion and brandon were still blinded. for different but the same reasons. zion could only think about getting his best friend back, and brandon could only think about zion loving edwin more. brandon in a way resented the dominican.

did that make brandon selfish too?

he wanted zion all to himself.

edwin could relate to that.

so was edwin selfish?

no, he couldn't be. he put everyone else before him. he put zion before him. but if he cared for others just as much, or even more, then he would have noticed the suffering zion put himself through. he would have answered the distress calls his best friend shouted instead of brushing past him as if he couldn't hear.

maybe zion was different because he so desperately wanted to change his body at such a young age? maybe it was because he knew his dreams would only go so far?

maybe it was because he was selfish too?

whatever the answer is, he was different. and now he was positive he would end up alone. alone with no pill to help him escape the bottomless pit of dispare he managed to drag everyone he cared so much about with him in.

fin.

-

-

and this is over. sorry for the trash ending, i was never good at them :(

-nevaeh

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐇𝐀𝐊𝐈 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 | 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚗 & 𝚣𝚎𝚍𝚠𝚒𝚗 🎉