𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆; 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 ; 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘶𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦

"𝘪 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩."

-

he wasn't waking up. with all of the wires and tubes being connected to his body, zion had shown no sign of life. the rising and falling of his chest was barely existent, everyone having to look a little harder in order to tell that it was actually moving. knowing that zion was at least breathing was a weight lifted, but it surely didn't stop the heaviness tugging at each other member who sat anxiously in the hospital waiting room.

it was quiet in the small area, only the limited chatter of doctors who walked by and the occasional cough from another patient being heard. edwin's leg bounced as he chewed at his nails until they were raw. everytime a new nurse stepped into the room with a clipboard, he was the first to stand hoping that it was news on his best friend. it never was. it was about everyone else but zion; and it was frustrating. now he wasn't just eager and nervous, he was also angry.

angry at zion; angry at brandon; and angry at himself.

oh how he wished he had tried convincing the taller to get the surgery a lot better. he wished he would have stopped being selfish sooner and noticed that zion was in such a horrible state.

he pinched at the bridge of his nose with a groan rumbling from deep within his throat. the other members looked at him in concern. they've never seen edwin look so anxious. not when they first auditioned for the band, and never when they sung upon a stage in front of hundreds.

"ed, he'll be oka-" brandon wasn't able to finish his last word before edwin was shooting up from his seat. his face had contorted into one of madness, hands clenching into fists as he stared with fire in his eyes. brandon leant back in his seat honestly a little scared by how angry the other had gotten.

"you did this to him!" edwin spat the words with a tone that was loud and filled with hatred. brandon stared in confusion. "you made him catch that dumb disease, and now he's on the brink of death!"

"edwin, you need to calm down" nick tried while eyeing the security guards who were watching the scene with alarm.

"don't tell me to calm down!"

"what disease?" brandon wondered quietly. he shifted his view from edwin to nick and austin. no one knew but the fuming dominican. "how did i make him sick?"

edwin stepped back with a sigh. he dropped his head, arms stuck to his side as he struggled to bite back the venomous words he so desperately wanted to yell at the brunette.

"hanahaki disease" edwin whispered. he lifted his head and locked gazes with a bewildered brandon. "he loves you...and it's killing him."

"what?"

the word was breathed. it was taken by the breeze of the air conditioning that kept the hospital cool. brandon's face paled, body stiffening. he refused to believe that zion loved him romantically. it felt like a cliche movie. and this was the part where brandon pushed his way past all of the doctors with tears in his eyes claiming that he loved zion too. he loved him as well and he wouldn't be able to live without him. the doctors would have to let him enter the patient's room and confess his unconditional feelings, as this was where the happy ending happened.

but no.

brandon sat still in his seat. he watched as his three other band mates shook their heads in pure sadness. he could feel his hands shake and eyes start to sting with tears. his eyebrows were furrowed as he felt himself inhale and exhale at a rapid pace.

"family of caleb kuwonu?" a nurse spoke gently into the room after reading her clipboard. edwin was the first to respond, rushing to reach the woman and desperately demanded an answer on how zion was doing. nick and austin were right behind him. brandon stayed seated.

the tears fell now.

the nurse gave a solem look.

"even with the requested surgery..." she paused and the boys already knew the awaited fate. "i'm sorry but mr. kuwonu didn't make it."

edwin cried into nick's chest from devastation. austin talked to the nurse for more information. and brandon, brandon didn't stay seated. he stood and ran his way towards zion's room. he pushed the door open with an unforgettable amount of strength, not hesitating to walk up to the taller and sob over his body.

"why didn't you just get the surgery before you fucking idiot!?"

a question zion wouldn't be able answer.

-