𝒇𝒖𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒍; 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚 ; 𝘧𝘶𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘢𝘥

"𝘰𝘩 𝘪𝘥 𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥."

-

there were no tears shed from his group members. instead they stood still and watched as the casket belonging to caleb zion kuwonu slowly descended into the ground. they could hear the faint cries of other family members and friends; the loudest coming from a blonde caucasian that was known as zion's mother. dressed in all black, a soft tissue clutched tightly in her grip as she cried over the rectangular hole dug for her son. never would she had imagined that she would be in such position so quickly. it brought saltier droplets to her swollen eyes.

with a head nod from the african american male that was represented as zion's father, he kept a firm grip on his wife's waist before throwing the first pile of dirt on his son's casket. he too didn't shed a tear, but it was clear that he wanted to. no one would judge if he did. it was expected.

the first born daughter went next. she threw her pile of dirt, immediately stepping away from the hole as she swears she would have collapsed in an ugly cry.

and lastly went the youngest son. he wasn't able to land his weak attempt of dropping the dirt on the casket. instead the pile slipped through his fingers as he shown his broken state. he fell to his knees, a cry slipping past his lips as he clawed at the healthy grass beneath him. the person he looked up to for so many things was gone and there was nothing he could do to bring him back. it was heart breaking. and at the sight of the father having to drag the youngest away, edwin let a tear fall again.

he missed his best friend.

its been four months, and he still missed him. people say it gets easier. edwin doesn't think he'll be able to believe them.

"i loved him you know" his words were directed towards one of the few people still watching over zion's grave. the man who zion loved with his entire being. "it's funny because izzy was the one who pointed it out. after breaking up she told me that i loved zion, but i was just too dumb to notice" edwin looked at brandon. "you were too dumb to notice as well."

"what?"

edwin let out a chuckle.

"you were too dumb to notice that he loved you. he was always there when you called, constantly showered you in compliments. hell, he even stuttered when he talked to you" edwin shook his head with a grin. "he was always so nervous."

"i'm sorry" brandon whispered as he dropped his head in shame.

"for what? killing our friend?" edwin let out a scoff. "no, he did that to himself. what you should be sorry for is not confessing sooner."

brandon looked at edwin with widened eyes.

"you loved him too. you weren't as obvious, but eventually the longing stares and constant need for his attention wasn't hard to miss" edwin locked gazes with brandon. "why didn't you confess?"

"why didn't you?"

edwin chuckled once more. he returned his attention to where his best friend was barried, hands shoved deep in his pockets as he bit his inner cheek.

"because he was madly in love with you. i stood no chance" edwin admitted.

"me either."

-