I couldn't help my mouth opening to let out a scream and he took that opportunity to shove the cloth in my mouth. He turned for a moment to reach for something then he turned back revealing rope.

"Hold her back." He said, his tone firm.

Despite my struggle, Carter managed to tie my feet to the legs of the chair. My eyes met his and he had no emotion in them. Just pure darkness.

The man that held me down had let me go but I could still feel him behind me though. Carter had finally moved away from in front of me and what I saw what came from behind, my eyes went wide.

There in the flesh, my brother. Better known as Xenon.

OMNISCIENT

Carter took the look of Tiana's face as a answer. It was her brother and that's all he needed before jumping right into the beating.

Tiana watched as they beat Troy to give Carter what he wants. Then beside him was Monica was also getting beating but Troy worse than her.

Tears streamed down Tiana's face non stop. The painful screams, the moans, and the sounds of punching. When the sound of a bone cracking filled her ears, she looked away but Carter catches her chin and forces her face to look in the direction. She closed her eyes.

"Look at them." He said from behind her in her ear. His grip on her chin remaining.

Tiana refuses to open her eyes. His grip grew tighter on her chin.

"Look at them and I'll make it stop, babe."

Tiana's heavy breathing and the sound of heart thumping in her ears. She opened her eyes and with one wave from Carter, his men stopped the beating.

Tiana looked at Troy and Monica but mostly at Troy. His entire face swollen and bloody. His eyes barely looked open. His breathing was shallow. Monica face was swollen but not as bad as Troys. Troy looked like he'd pass out at any given moment.

A muffled cry came from Tiana. She wished she could find a way to get out of here and take her brother with her. But Carter was on a roll and he wanted answers.

Carter let go of her chin and made his way over to him. Tiana watched him make every step to Troy.

"I don't appreciate people messing with my business." Carter's words laced with much authority.

Troy looked passed Carter to see his dearly beloved sister tied to a chair, crying. She struggle to get out of her restraints and the more she did it, the more frustrating it became.

"W-Why is she here?" Troy managed to speak.

He was not afraid of Carter. There are many things that he had up his sleeve and this beating was all apart of the plan.

"She's here because I want her here."

Troy sighed a shaky breath. His only concern was figuring out why Tiana was here. She had nothing to do with it and he made sure she was out of everything he did.

"She has nothing to do with this." Troy said.

A smirk formed on Carter's face. "She doesn't but my reason for her being here is to say her last goodbye to her brother before I take her with me."

That caught Troy's attention. "She's not going anywhere."

"I doubt she'll rather be with a parent killer."

Confusion conjured Tiana's face as she listened to the two men's conversation. What did he mean a parent killer? Tiana thought.

Troy sighed weakly before looking to Tiana. He saw the question look on her face. This was not the way he planned to tell her.

"You think she would rather be with a serial killer? Killing girls for his own pleasu-" Troy started but Carter cut him mid sentence with a punch to the face.

Troys face whipped to the side and he let out a weak chuckle.

"My sister is a sweet young woman. All her life she's been trapped in by our parents. I wanted to do what was good for her and I did what was necessary to let her be free of them." Troy said while looking Tiana in her teary eyes.

Carter's smirk never failed. He turned to Tiana. "You hear that, Tiana. He killed your parents."

Tiana felt fresh tears well in her eyes as she looked at him. She shook her head when Troy gave her a guilty look.

Carter motioned the man that stood behind Tiana to take the cloth out. Once he did so, a painful breaking cry left her lips. Her mouth dry as I tried to re lubricate with her saliva.

"Please....tell me you-ur lying." Tiana's sad tone was evident in her words.

Troy sighed. "It was all for you, Tiana. I wanted you to live free and do what you wish. I want you to travel and enjoy your life without their criticism. You deserve better."

Tiana looked away from him. She couldn't even look at him. Despite everything her parents put her through as she grew up, she still loved them.

"You did this for yourself, Troy." She said. Her heart breaks. She had completely lost her brother.

"Tiana-"

"You did, Troy. You disliked them so much because you disagreed with their ways to abide by the church. Every car you jacked, every fight, and every time you went to jail. They were there. Their words hurt more but you took it to far by killing the people who gave us life." Tiana finished.

Troy frowned before a angry look appeared on his face. "You don't understand, Tiana. But soon you will and I hope you think differently than what you think now." He said followed by a sigh.

"Clocks ticking." Was all Troy said before the lights went out and then came back on in a dark red light then gun shots ringed.

Carter instantly knew this was apart of some plan of Xenon.

Tiana's nerves went wild as she harshly pulled at the restraints while painful grunts echoed around her.

When a sudden hand grabbed her thigh, she went to scream and a hand was over her mouth. Her heart thumped when she saw it was Carter. He quickly unraveled the knots and pulled her closer to him as they made it out the warehouse.

______________
Thoughts on Tiana?

Thoughts on Carter?

Thoughts on Troy(Xenon)?

What plan is Troy cooking up.

TeamTiana/TeamCarter.

*Also, this book is getting close to 6k votes. I have 107k reads and that's all thanks to you❤️. I love all the comments and your opinions on a/your favorite character. I appreciate the ones who tell others about this story. THANK YOU!!❤️