I.M looked from JB to Chorong. He agreed with JB. Council member Chorong knew about the bond of a clan. None of the council had clans of their own. He didn't expect them to understand.

"I would tell you everything, but I can't. It will be better for all of us if I didn't say anymore. Just trust me," Chorong said.

Shownu glanced around the table and then returned his attention to Chorong. "We will take a step back."

"What?" I.M asked, eyes on their leader. "Shownu, what are you agreeing to? I understand saying that to Hangil, because Jackson was in danger. But we don't have to pretend anymore. We aren't going to sit back and—"

"I.M, there is a lot we don't know. Let's give her the benefit of the doubt. She came all the way over here and I can tell there is some honesty to her statements. We may not know everything, but I still have a little trust."

Chorong got to her feet. "Thank you, Shownu. Well I must go before Hangil starts to wonder about me. He hasn't been the most stable of leaders lately. I don't want to complicate things by being careless."

Shownu got to his feet, leading her toward the door. "There have been many slayers sightings lately. Let me walk with you to the entrance of the apartment just in case."

She laughed, resting a hand on Shownu's shoulder. "Please, no need. I'm centuries older than you. I'll be fine. And—ask for the sightings. I hate to say there really hasn't been any change in slayer sightings. Now, I must go."

Chorong sped out the opened door. A sense of relief washed over him. There was something dangerous about a council member visiting them. His eyes drifted toward Shownu. Their leader stood, hand on the knob of the door. An expression of confusion appeared on his face.

"What did she mean?" I.M asked. "Slayers have been attacking vampires a lot more."

Shownu closed the door. "I don't know."

"So, what the heck was that all about?" Gunhee asked. "Is she helping us? I can't tell because of all the information she chose to leave out. Like, she literally didn't tell us anything."

Jinyoung nodded, finger on his chin. "All she told us to do was return to our normal lives and wait patiently."

"This could be a way to delay us, so we wait for Hangil to finish whatever he has to do with Hyungwon," Youngjae said.

"I don't believe her," Minhyuk said, voice firm. "If Boram and Chorong wanted to help us, then they would have already let Hyungwon go. I don't trust her. No one should."

"What do you think Shownu?" JB asked, eyes on him. "I know you said she seemed to be telling the truth, but still I don't know."

Shownu shook his head. "I could tell she was being honest, but it isn't clear about what. Let us continue to stay alert. Something is happening soon. And it could be any day. For now, we consider her suggestion. Let's go back to work and continue with our lives."

I.M's eyes widened, voice filled with disbelief. "Wait? We are going to listen to her?"

"All we can do is hope they mean well. For now, we head back to our regular lives until then," Shownu said.

"We aren't seriously going to keep waiting, are we?" I.M asked. "Can't we just come up with a solid plan and go save Hyungwon already?"

"I know it is hard I.M, but we have to be cautious," Shownu said.

I.M frowned. An image of Hyungwon's fearful eyes appeared within his mind. Hyungwon needed them and instead of helping they were going to wait. He shook his head, rejecting the idea. No, he wouldn't wait. He didn't like being so far away from his fledgling.