Chapter 12 - Aiden

"Mr Lexington, are you listening?"

My eyes fly up and land on the short well built man, in a deep brown suit, seated in from me.

"Yes, of course, Clark. You were talking about the Marriott, and how the renovations are going in the kitchen."

"Oh, my apologies. So, as I was saying, the kitchen will be finished by the end of the week......."

My mind wonders as I try and keep my eyes on Clark and not back at my phone that vibrates in my hand again. Fuck, that was a good guess. He was right. I wasn't paying attention to a word he was saying, my mind on the sexy as hell red head on the other end of my phone. I nod along as he talks, and count the seconds till I'm out for the day.

I've spent almost everyday of the last few weeks, if not with this woman, but talking to her. I can't seem to get enough of her. I spend my time in constant anticipation of seeing her again, that I shamefully​ hold her captive most weekends so I get to spend the whole weekend with her. Ok not shamefully, I fucking enjoy every second of it, even if her baked goods make me visit the gym an extra morning during the week. I think I actually felt an artery clog that week of bacon and gooey cheese treats. She's one hell of a baker. My hand twitches as the phone buzzes again, and it's killing me that I can't check it.

"That all sounds good. I'm glad it's all on track and look forward to seeing their work completed at the end of the week. Is there anything else Clark?"

"No, I believe that about sums it up."

Standing, I round the table and shake Clark's hand before he heads out. I wait for the door to close before greedily looking down at my phone. The first message is from my sister, April, who's having some issues with a boyfriend. I know nothing about him, literally nothing, but hate him already. The second is from Maddy.

Well damn, I'm glad I waited until now to open hers...

The message is simply a picture of Maddy, standing in her kitchen mid bake. A little flours on her face and her hair is piled up on top of her head, little pieces escaping and curling around her jaw. That seems to be her usual hairstyle everytime she bakes. What I can't tear my eyes from, is the that fact she's only wearing that silly blue apron of hers. There's a shine in her eyes and a mischievous look on her face. She's curved around so that there's a cheeky peek of butt cheek poking out. It's been the top of my fantasy board ever since the first time I saw her wiggling around her kitchen in it. I hit ring. My voice takes on a throaty growl that comes from deep in my chest when she answers with a giggle.

"You know it's terribly unprofessional to tease a man whilst he's at work. How am I suppose to finish my day knowing what I know now?"

"I guess you're in for a long, hard day then.." She emphasizes the words, before giggling at the end. ".. Perhaps you need to work on getting your mind out of the gutter more often."

"That's coming from the woman who just sent me something that is definitely getting saved to look at over, and over, again. I know for a fact you like exactly where my mind is."

"I can't confirm or deny that." She giggles again.

She's fucking killing me. Every time she giggles it's like a light switch to my damn dick, and just makes me harder and harder.

"Fuck Maddy, I'm so fucking hard right now."

"It's a shame I'm so far away."

There's a knock at the door and Anna pokes her head in. I half turn away from the door, and raise a hand to wave her off for a moment.