Chapter 2 - Aiden

The frightened look in this woman's eyes makes her look like she's about to either scream and run, or ditch something hard at me.

I slowly sit up, as not to spook her, and a pre-emptive move to get my hands free so I can catch anything if she does the second option. She squeaks, bending quickly to grab a rumpled shirt off the floor and backs up a few paces. I can't stop the slow grin that spreads across my face as she hurriedly puts on my shirt she picked up. She looks good in it. Before I get a chance to speak, she holds up her hands in front of her.

"Just give me a minute."

She disappears into the bathroom behind her, promptly shutting the door, faster than I really register. I run one hand through my hair, lightly shaking my head and let out a chuckle.

Well, that was an interesting way to wake up.

Turning, my eyes roam over the bedroom I ended up in. The whole thing is brightly coloured with little splashes of colour everywhere. There's a large bookcase covering one wall at the end of the bed, almost overflowing with the contents that it's been stuffed with. I throw my legs over the side of the bed, and am about to stand up to have a closer look, when the bathroom door reopens.

"Hi, ah, sorry about that."

She's changed out of my shirt, and is wearing a short light pink robe, the fabric finishing high on her thigh. Showcasing a fair amount of the toned skin, and causing my eyes to widen slightly. Wow, her legs are fucking incredible. I'm a little disappointed she's changed already as I was quite enjoying the view before, but I keep my mouth shut as I have no idea where her head’s at right now. She comes forward, bending over to pick up the scattered clothes on the floor, and my head tilts on it's own to admire her ass. I'm so distracted that it isn't till she stands up that I realize she's just holding my clothes.

Wait, what's going on here?

She rounds the bed and thrusts me my clothes.

"Last night was fun, really, had a great time. But I have to be at work in an hour... So, thanks again. We'll do it again soon. Byes."

She talks as she walks and ushers me towards the door. It swings open just as she says bye and I'm suddenly standing outside her apartment. I look side to side wondering what the hell just happened.

Hang on, did she just... Did she just boot me out?

The cold air hits me hard, and I abruptly realize that not only did this woman really just kicked me out, but I'm butt naked. A door opens two doors down and I give the old woman an eyeful as she pops out to collect her morning paper. I mouth an apology to her and quickly get dressed. She gives me a amused smile as I walk by.

"Ah, to be young again."

A laugh bursts out of me and I reach up to scratch the back of my neck as I stop in front of her.

"You're only as old as you feel my darling, and you still look radiant to me."

She beams up at me and whacks me with her paper before turning to walk back inside. I can't stop chuckling to myself as I start down the first set of stairs. The whole way down my mind wonders back upstairs to the red head. I can't get over the fact that this woman kicked me out of her apartment. That has never happened before. Usually there's a bit more fun, or I'm the one running for the exit sign, but she literally booted me out the door.

My feet on the pavement outside, I open the maps app on my phone to get my bearings of where the hell I am. Finding it a little surprising that I’m apparently only a short walk back to the bar where I left my car. I'm about to stuff my phone back in my pocket when it jingles, the familiar name lighting up the screen.

"Hey man, what's up?"

The voice that comes back is one that I have known for years.

"And who's bed are we climbing out of this morning? Or was it the window again?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

I grin widely as I listen to the throaty laugh on the other end.

"Call bullshit, dude. I turn around to get you to back me up with Nora, and you're gone."

I smile fondly back at the memory of Vince trying to get me to help persuade his new fiancee to elope, when a red haired goddess emerging from the bathroom caught my eye, and I was out.

"I needed a drink, or two."

"And her name was?"

Vince laughs back at me again, and I grin even wider.

"Got no idea man, but get this... She threw me out this morning."

I'm greeted with a complete fucking chorus of laughter. Such moral support here.

"Well I guess that saves climbing out the window again."

"Ok first,  that has only happened a handful of times. And second.." I pause, knowing he's about to explode with laughter. ".. Dude, she threw me out naked. I almost killed the old woman next door just trying to get her morning paper.."

I stop talking as I can't even hear myself over the roar down the phone. Half ignoring him, I continue walking and wait for Vince to hopefully choke on his laughter. Ass. His breathing finally returns to normal, with only the occasional sniggers.

"Well, that's certainly a new one... The great Aiden Lexington being thrown naked from a woman's bed."

"You're telling me. Woman was an absolute knockout though. You should have seen...."

"GETTING married, don't need to hear you describe your night of debauchery." Vince yells down the line. "Nora here completely agrees with me.."

Its my turn to chuckle imagining Nora picking this moment to walk into his office.

".. So where are you now? Waiting for a cab?"

"Na man, she lives in walking distance from the bar so am on my way back to my car now."

"Shit just works out for you doesn't it, you lucky bastard."

I hang up on him, and grin. Yeah it seems to, except being thrown out this morning. I really would have liked to have stayed for a little longer this time. Thoughts of a fiery red head laughing, leaning that perfect body of hers into mine, and dancing on the table right in front of me fill my mind the rest of the walk. Making it seem like no time at all has passed. It doesn't take me long to reach the bar and I spot my car still parked out the front. Right where I left her. I may go home with a beauty, but I'm all about safety when it comes to drinking. I'm walking around it when I spot the bartender from night before taking out the trash.

"Hey man." I nod when he looks over to me.

He smirks at me after turning back from putting the bag in the large dumpster bin.

"I see you survived the night. She's something else, isn't she?"

"She certainly is, man."

I'm grinning like an idiot as I hop in my car. And the plot thickens on this mystery woman.