Chapter 8.5: Go Fetch

Start from the beginning

(Y/N): "Any family?"

Reggie: "Hold on...Yes, his parents and a little sister named Abigail-fetch Walker. She had a quirk since she didn't have a double jointed pinkie toe, but she went missing before it manifested."

I left the building as he talked about her, and then I saw it. An undeniably familiar pink glow in the distance.

(Y/N): "Well, looks like she isn't missing anymore. 6 o'clock."

(Y/N): "I'll chase her, you get backup! I've seen what she can do, and she's dangerous!"

Draining one of my glow sticks, I started to run after her, sprinting up and over buildings with ease. Though, it seems she didn't notice me, as she slowly made her way to the docks.

I go here a lot too, huh?

Ducking behind some crates next to a seafood place, I heard her talking to herself.

Fetch: "Mmm...man that smells good. Why didn't I take some money off those dealers?"

(Y/N): "You're too busy running from the cops to think straight."

Fetch: "Yeah, That makes sen-Wait."

She then turned around to see me looking down on her menacingly from on top of the boxes, my eyes and arms glowing.

Fetch: "You!"

(Y/N): "Me."

She panicked, firing off blasts of neon at me while she ran away. Turning on the location tracker on my phone, I started to chase her across town again. God DAMN IT, WHY IS SHE SO FUCKING FAST?! Aiming for her legs, I try to shoot her to slow her down, but my accuracy is...lacking, to say the least. Maybe this was a bad idea...

Nah.

Pushing my limits, I start to catch up to her, still shooting at her to keep her in my sights. My legs are starting to hurt... the amount of stress being put on them is starting to take its toll, but I can't stop now. Not when I'm so close to catching her. Time seemed to slow as I aimed another shot, managing to shoot her in the shoulder and causing her to trip and tumble. Taking the opportunity to run over a smoke stack and absorb some smoke, I threw a small dark orb at her, which exploded into a large cloud of soot, ash, and smoke. She's temporarily blinded and sent into a coughing fit, giving me more time to get in close.

Grabbing her by the arm, I slam her down onto the floor. Unfortunately for both of us, we were standing on a skylight, and I broke it, causing us both to fall into the building. Managing to flip herself out of my grip, she hastily shot me in the face with another neon blast, knocking me out. Landing with a heavy thud, I could feel something warm running down both my cheek and forehead. Something...red.

My vision was tunneled in by whiteness, and i dizzily got up, brushing off some glass shards from my jacket as my vision returned. Looking around, I was surrounded by large neon lights propped up on boxes, and she was on a catwalk, absorbing the neon from one of the signs.