Chapter Three

AN: Hello and welcome to Chapter Three! We'll be staying in Starlene's head during this chapter. Hope you all enjoy! Be sure to drop some comments as you read! Now onward and forward to Chapter Three!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Starlene (Two Days Later)*

I woke up the to the sound of birds chirping outside my window. I looked at the space beside me and found it empty. Then I remembered Calder hadn't slept here last night, he'd slept in a suite in the Eastern Wing.

A smile crept across my face as I recalled the reason he'd slept in a guest suite last night. Today was the day. I was getting married today!

There was a knock on the door and I opened it to find Selena and Sorina standing there. Sorina was holding a garment bag, which most likely contained my dress, and Selena, much to my delight, was holding Julian. My darling little nephew was already dressed in his tux.

"Hi little man," I greeted my baby nephew.

Julian babbled a greeting to me and reached out towards me, wanting to me to hold him.

Selena smiled and handed me her son and I kissed my nephew's forehead as I held him close.

"Go and get ready Star," Sorina told me as she set the garment bag down on my bed.

I reluctantly handed Julian back to Selena and went to shower. I came out of the bathroom, wearing a robe, and slipped behind a screen. I put on my dress and stepped out from behind the screen, so that I could look at myself in the mirror.

I smiled as I looked at my dress. It was a purple ball gown and the bodice was covered in intricate beading. I sat down at my vanity and Selena and Sorina helped me with my hair and makeup while Julian sat on the floor and watched us curiously.

Selena curled my hair and pulled it up into an intricate bun. Sorina gave me soft smokey eyes and a deep red lip.

Sorina passed me a black velvet box and I opened it to find a silver crown studded with blood red rubies. My crown. I placed it on my head.

I was ready.

There was a knock on the door and Selena opened it and smiled. I instantly knew who it was. Only one person could make Selena smile like that. My suspicion was confirmed when I heard his voice.

"You look beautiful, surioară," he told me. Damien. My older brother had come to see me.

"Thank you," I told him, "Shouldn't you be downstairs with Cal?" Damien was Calder's best man, so I wondered why he was up here and not downstairs.

"I wanted to see you before the ceremony starts," Damien told me, "Tată and Mamă would be so proud of you."

I smiled and he handed me a box. I opened it to find a silver bracelet covered with diamonds.

"This was Mamă's," I gasped.

Damien nodded.

"Wear it today, Star," he told me, "And Mamă will be with you as you walk down the aisle."

"Thank you, Damien," I told him.