Kuroko turns the corner-- and is instantly engulfed by a big mass of indigo.

Aisaka throws his whole weight on the boy, a hug rough and violent and so very warm. Kuroko's knees buckle and they land painfully on the ground, in a mess of limbs and pained yelps.

"I'm so proud of you!" Aisaka sobs with exaggerated waterworks into the smaller boy's shoulder, "You actually got through with your absolute shit grades---"

"You're rude," Kuroko murmured, "ow."

Aisaka laughs at that. He clambers up, hand out as an offer to the shorter boy. Kuroko takes it, and Aisaka pulls him to his feet.

"Congratulations, Kuroko!" Aisaka throws his arms around the boy in a hug, "we'll be going to school together! Oh, we need to tell Ogi about this. C'mon, let's go to Maji Burger's! My treat!"

"Calm down..." Kuroko feels himself pulled forward by the wrist as Aisaka leads him through their usual road. He fails to stifle a smile, "I'm really happy. Thank you so much for helping me study, Aisaka-kun."

Aisaka looks back with a grin like he's just won the world, and Kuroko's mirroring it before he even realizes. There was something so honestly beautiful about him-- it makes Kuroko feel warm inside-- it amazes him how Aisaka can live so honestly, and be so happy over something that barely involved himself.

It was precious.

-

AISAKA :

\(T∇T)/ KUROKO PASSED

HE IS A CHILD OF HOPE AND DREAMS

HE CAN TAKE OVER THE WORLD NOW

OGIWARA:

WOOOOOOOOO ⤴︎ ε=ε=(ง ˃̶͈̀ᗨ˂̶͈́)۶ ⤴︎

GIVE THAT MAN A VANILLA MILKSHAKE

AISAKA:

Camera03.jpg View Image

Already on it boss ヾ(・ω・。)シ

KUROKO:

Thank you very much, Ogiwara-kun.

"You and Ogiwara-kun have been calling each other 'Ogi' and 'Saka'," Kuroko mentions, "when did this happen?"

It's strange to call your friends out for fast food and end up talking to each other on your phones, so Kuroko looks up and actually verbally offers the inquiry.

Aisaka raises an eyebrow at that, " when , you ask, well... it kinda just did? We were tired of typing up full names all the time, so we just started and it stuck."

Kuroko blinks as if that doesn't make sense. He stops drinking his milkshake, and he stares. He stares, and stares, and stares.

Aisaka looks back.

And Kuroko stares even more.

"Okay, okay, I get it!" Aisaka shoots back, waving his arms around in a down boy motion, averting his eyes and bringing his arms up to shield himself from that gaze, "you can call me that too, if you want! I really don't mind."

Kuroko's shoulders ease. There's a visible sag of relief in his next smile, and he only hopes Aisaka didn't see it. It's embarrassing that he's getting worked up over what they call each other-- wait, is he jealous? Surely not.

"Then, Hiroto-kun."

"Wait, first names?"

"Count it as part of your congratulatory present for me."

"You mean the milkshake wasn't enough?"

"I also want a new book."

"Is today spoil-you-rotten day?"

"If possible."

Kuroko enjoys this. It's a humorous, mutually understanding relationship they have. It's friendship, brotherhood, or maybe it's something more or something different.

If Ogiwara was an assuring and gentle younger brother, Aisaka was probably a dependable and strict older brother. Ironic, because the truth was the exact opposite.

Aisaka doubles over with laughter. He lifts his hand in a fist, hovering over the center of the table. Kuroko sees it and smiles, raising his own and bumping their knuckles together.

"To become number one in Japan?" Aisaka asks.

"Of course," Kuroko agrees.