x

"wake up..."

"wake up..."

"wake up!"

mingyu jolted awake for a start, heaving in and out for air as if all the oxygen was sucked out of his system. he blinked in oblivion as he scanned his surroundings, looking for the person behind waking him up from his deep sleep. strange... he swore he heard someone screaming into his ears.

when mingyu stepped out of his room, the first person that he sees right away was the one person he wished to never to encounter with for the rest of his life.

chwe hansol. the royalty who holds fire behind his ice-cold eyes.

when they've noticed each other's presences, mingyu gauchely looked away in embarrassment, silently closing his door as he wished to the gods above that the floor would open up and swallow him whole, never to be found again.

he could feel the piercing gaze of the fire wielder boring holes at the back of his head and he only hoped someone would break the awkward tension that built up out of nowhere.

thankfully, the gods had answered his prayers.

the room next to his opened and revealed choi seungcheol inside. he's the one who had super strength, from what he could remember to the fight yesterday. unfortunately, he wasn't able to present his gift to them as his opponent immediately admitted defeat when the match was declared to begin. he would like to test out how strong the other really was from what his power was implying.

seungcheol looked up. "morning!" he chirped, beaming enthusiastically at them that put the tension out of mingyu's body and he smiled back at the other.

"good morning." he greeted back, although his voice was small, seungcheol's smile widened. he turned to hansol expectantly, but hansol only rolled his eyes. seungcheol pouted. but he quickly shook it away when he glanced at the door across from him. he narrowed his eyes.

"is that idiot oversleeping again?" he took quick steps towards the door and raised up his fist to knock on the door, but as soon as his hand fell down to bump on the strong wood, the door opened and his knuckles wacked the person behind the door on the nose and seungcheol and mingyu gasped in surprise.

"woo!"

"ow..."

"woo! hey! a-are you alright?" mingyu was stifling his laughter behind his hand whilst hansol glowered at the two friends in front of him. seungcheol held wonwoo in his arms in worry while wonwoo was holding his nose, his nose scrunching in pain. wonwoo chuckled.

"i don't know if i should be angry that you hit my nose again or be happy that you didn't break it this time." mingyu stopped laughing entirely, his jaw dropping in shock. from what wonwoo had just kindly shared to them, seungcheol had fractured his nose before which must have been a result of his power. but who knows? maybe seungcheol was just really strong that he didn't need the extra strength of his power to break his someone's nose. or maybe he does...

seungcheol chuckled nervously. "forget he said that. anyways," he grinned at wonwoo as he let him go. "i'm glad you're up early. is there a special occasion?"

wonwoo smiled. "actually, there is."

"wh—"

"but i'm not telling." seungcheol whined and wonwoo only giggled at the childish act his hyung was displaying.

"why nooooot?" seungcheol elongated with a pout. wonwoo merely flicked his forehead and giggled at the glare he received after. "because it would spoil the fun."