Tsunayoshi Sawada ~ The Last Night

Start from the beginning

You ran up to your bedroom, slamming and locking the door. You slumped against it, sliding down until you reached the floor. A strangled sob left your throat as tears streamed down your flushed cheeks. What the hell did he know? Who was he to act like he knew everything?

You pulled out your trusty pocket knife and pressed it to your skin, dragging and tearing the flesh until a thick string of blood rolled down, falling in splats against the wooden floor. It would be the last time you felt like that because you planned to end it right then and there. You felt your consciousness slipping and you fell forward, black dots forming in your line of vision before swallowing you whole.

"I just came to say goodbye,"

Somehow, you had just barely escaped death. Your conclusion for this was simple – the guilt of being mean to someone like Tsuna kept you alive. You figured once you apologized, you'd be able to die without a problem.

Wrapping your wrist in a bandage, you firmly placed the black wristband over it. You swayed from dizziness when you first stood, leaning against the wall with your eyes closed. A few minutes passed before you were okay to walk. It didn't take too long for you to reach the Sawada Residence, him living only a few blocks away from yourself. You took a deep breath as you stood in front of the door, waiting for someone to come and answer it.

Your plan was simple: you'd apologize, say goodbye, and then go home to finish the job you had started.

You were thankful when Tsuna answered, looking shocked as he stared at you, his mouth open slightly. You gave him a small, sad smile. "I wanted to apologize for my behavior earlier today, Sawada-san. I was out of line, please forgive me."

He blinked, his mouth opening and closing in an attempt to voice the words that had formed in his throat "I-It's fine. I shouldn't have been prying."

You nodded. "I also wanted to say goodbye. I... You're the only one I'm telling..."

"Eh?" He blinked in confusion. "What do you mean? Goodbye? Are you moving?"

"Erm... something like that." You muttered, averting your eyes from the male. You would be moving on to the afterlife, so you didn't technically lie.

You felt something well up in your stomach. Was that... fear?

"Y-Y/N-san...!" Tsuna reached forward, touching his hand to your damp cheek. His eyebrows furrowed in worry. "Why are you crying?"

"I'm not..." You put your hand to your cheek, eyes widening. You were crying, but... why? You had cut yourself many times before, tried taking your life many times before. You never once felt afraid. Did this mean... would you really die this time? Is that what you truly wanted?

"I..." There was nothing you could say.

"Didn't want you to see me cry, I'm fine, but I know it's a lie,"

You hated it when people saw you crying. It made you feel so weak and vulnerable, you absolutely hated it. And to cry in front of him... it was ten times worse.

"Y/N-san... what's the matter?" Tsuna asked softly, stepping out and shutting the door behind him. He watched you closely, his eyes staring into your own. He was searching, searching for an answer or any subtle change.

"It's nothing." You shook your head, attempting to smile. "I'm fine,"

"Stop lying!" Tsuna grabbed your arms, eyes shining with worry. "Don't lie to me... I know you're not fine!"

"Tsuna... I..." You shook your head and fell to your knees, sobbing into your hands. You couldn't take it anymore, you had to let it out. You had to tell someone. Tsuna noticed red liquid seeping out of the wristband around your wrist and his eyes widened. He grabbed your arm, pulling the wristband off and gaping at the blood-soaked bandages.