Chapter 14

Hello again!

How's your day going?

Mine's great!

I finally figured out how to lead up to the next chapter (hint hint)....

Vote and Comment!

AKD

---- ---- ---- ----

"Lunch's ready!" Mark's dad announced, ushering everyone into the dining room.

Nana sat at the head of the table with Mark on her left and his dad on the right. Donghyuck sat in the middle of Jisung and Mark and opposite Jungwoo while YangYang sat next to Hendery.

"So, Donghyuck," Nana said, taking a serving of potato salad, "How long have you two been together?"

"A couple of months now," Donghyuck answered, looking at Mark who nodded.

"And where do you see this going?" She grilled further, "It must be serious seeing as how Mark brought you home."

Donghyuck looked at Mark with wide eyes.

"Nana..." Mark said, looking at his grandmother, "We just started dating. I don't think..."

"Mom, please," Mark's dad said to her, "Don't scare the guy off."

"Okay. Donghyuck, I apologize," She said to the younger boy.

"There's no need for that," Donghyuck said, embarrassed, "I understand how protective you are of Mark. I would do the same thing if I were you."

"Hendery, are you ready for tonight?" Mark asked, changing the subject and trying to steer the conversation towards the wedding rather than to Donghyuck.

"I'm more nervous for the reception tomorrow than tonight," Hendery confessed, taking a bite of his chicken, "Tonight is just family and close friends but everyone is going to be there tomorrow."

"How about you, YangYang, how are you feeling?" Donghyuck asked.

"I'm nervous," YangYang said with a nod, "But we're both excited."

"What about you, Mark?" Donghyuck turned to him.

"What about me?" Mark asked, confused.

"Your best man speech," Donghyuck said.

Mark's eyes suddenly went wide.

"You did remember to write the speech, didn't you, Mark?" Hendery asked, steel coating his words.

"Yes, I did," Mark lied.

"Enough wedding talk!" Jungwoo suddenly declared, "We're making Hendery nervous."

"Thank you, Jungwoo," Mark mumbled under his breath, taking a bite of his lunch.

"Back to the new couple," Mark's grandmother began, "When did you fir-"

"Donghyuck," Mark's dad butted in before Nana could say ask the couple anything more, "You should invite your parents for dinner one day. We would love to meet them."

"Dad-" Mark started to say but Donghyuck cut him off.

"They'd love to," Donghyuck said, a lump suddenly forming in his throat. He tried his best to swallow it.

"Are you close to your family, Donghyuck?" Nana asked.

"Umm," Donghyuck said, playing with his food, trying to think about how to phrase this.

It's been years yet he struggles with it each time.

"Nana, I don-" Mark wanted to say but Donghyuck put his hand over his, telling Mark that he could handle it.