Chapter 22

Sup, Broski?

New Chapter!

Vote and Comment!

AKD

---- ---- ---- ----

"That was 'Hit' by Seventeen, specially requested by Donghyuck Lee, who is in the studio today." The radio interviewer said in the mike before clapping.

"Hi!" Donghyuck said, putting on his 'celebrity' voice as he calls it.

That voice is constantly happy, never sad, always laughing and always pleasant, which is contrary to how he's currently feeling.

But he can't help it.

There are camera's constantly in his face, so what other choice does he have but to come up with an alter ego that pleases the masses and keeps his title of being 'America's Sweetheart'.

"So, Donghyuck," The interviewer said, making Donghyuck feel nervous. He hoped that today's headlines would not come up in this interview. "I see you've brought a special guest with you today."

Donghyuck had to keep his composure, seeing as the room was being recorded by the camera in the corner and it was a livestream.

He put on a smile, "Yes I did. My boyfriend Mark is outside."

"Does he want to come in?" The interviewer asked.

Donghyuck laughed, "Ask him."

Donghyuck could see Mark on the other side of the glass gaging his reaction to the question. Mark quirked an eyebrow to Donghyuck as he simply avoided eye contact. Mark shook his head with a smile and the interviewer focused his attention back on Donghyuck.

"You've caused quite the storm in the headlines today," He commented.

"Have I?" Donghyuck asked, feigning ignorance.

"Rumour has it that you and Mark are on the rocks and you and Sicheng are hooking up."

"Well if the tabloids said it then it must be true," Donghyuck said sarcastically, "It's not as if they'll go out of business if they don't make up these stories with their fake sources."

"So it's not true?"

"No it isn't true," Donghyuck said, annoyed, his cool persona melting away. "Sicheng and I are incredibly good friends and I have stayed over at his house many, many times. We're working on the same movie as well! I don't understand why people can't accept that! There is more to life than hooking up with a person."

"You heard it here first, folks," the interviewer said, trying to diffuse the tension in the room, "Donghyuck and Mark are still relationship goals! Shall we take some fan calls?"

---- ---- ---- ----

Mark turned off the radio in the car and they sat in silence.

The guilt was eating him up from the inside. Mark shouldn't have acted the way he did this morning, but he couldn't turn back time now. So, instead, he was supporting Donghyuck the whole way through; from interview to interview, place to place, he was with him the whole way through.

Mark just didn't want to leave Donghyuck's side.

Donghyuck was hurting and Mark could see through the fake smiles and fake laughs. He could see how Donghyuck's smile didn't reach his eyes or how his laugh wasn't as bright.

Donghyuck was a good actor though and Mark saw that firsthand. Everyone that Donghyuck met today believed that he was his bubbly self, even his best friend Jaemin didn't think that anything was wrong - but Mark knew and he hated that he couldn't make Donghyuck feel better.