Chapter 37 - AP Biology & Advice

Começar do início

I laughed at them and in doing so I realised that I had absolutely no plans for the week ahead.

"I would make ten babies cry just to hear you laugh once. "

Jamie's figure was hovering over me, I admired his body as his scent engulfed me. His smell was woodsy and inviting.
I snapped out of my haze.

"I'm sure you make babies cry for no reason anyway", I smiled at him.

"That smile", he said biting his lip a little, he leaned over and kissed me. His lips were warm and soft and I couldn't help but smile into our kiss.

" Parental guidance", Penelope's voice filled the air and it was chirpy. I knew exactly why.

I pulled away from Jamie and made space for him to squash himself next to me as Penelope joined Sarah and Yoko on the other side of the table.

"What did I miss?", Penelope asked grabbing a French fry off Yoko's plate and eating it.

" We were just talking about plans for spring break ", Sarah replied.

"Oh,I'm going to be spending it at my family's lake house,I'm throwing a party too", Penelope said excitedly.

"I'm done with parties", Jamie shook his head from beside me.

"It wasn't that bad was it?", I turned to him with a smile.

His lips curved into a smile as well and his eyes met mine. It took everything in me not to kiss Jamie.

"Just by the way. All of you people need to be there or else",

" Or else what? ", I asked raising an eyebrow just to tease Penelope.

" Or else I will kiss you", Penelope smiled.

"Kiss me or kiss Marellous?, I laughed.

" Mia,stop it. "
Penelope looked around the cafeteria as if I replied through a microphone.

"Who's Marcellous? ", Sarah asked inquisitively.

" None of your business because his mine, but anyway I don't think you'd be interested in him given what I saw you doing this morning ", Penelope said as she gave Sarah a look.

I assumed that everyone else at the table were just as perplexed as I was.
Sarah's facial expression changed and she became flustered.

" Penelope don't...", Sarah started as she swallowed her saliva.

"Don't what? Don't tell everyone that I saw you devouring a huge honey glazed doughnut this morning?", Penelope laughed loudly.

Everyone else at the table erupted in laughter on Penelope's cue, including Jamie who was next to me.
I took a sip of my Dr Pepper, not impressed at all. I observed Sarah as she seemed very uneasy.

"A minute on the lips is a lifetime on the hips, am I right Mia? ", Penelope said to me while looking directly as Sarah.

I was totally perplexed at this point but I was not about to ask what was going on because Penelope would have been direct if she wanted to. Who am I kidding, Penelope is never direct.

" You know what guys? I better leave before Penelope catches me munching on a ham sandwich", Jamie laughed as he stood up.

"Where are you going? ", I asked raising an eyebrow at him.

" To find my brother", Jamie said as he gave me a light peck on the cheek and left.

I turned to the three girls at the table. Yoko had already pulled out some science book and she was more than engrossed in it.

"Is there something anyone wants to tell me?", I inquired drinking the last bit of my soda.

" I'm really glad you asked Mia, because Sarah would love to share something with you", Penelope replied in a shrude tone.

"Penelope don't do this, I was waiting for the right time, can you not? ", Sarah shook her head and pleaded with Penelope.

"No, tell her now. Or I will. "

"Tell me what?", I asked in a rude and demanding tone.

" It's Trent", Sarah replied looking down at the table.

"What about him? ", I asked even more confused.

" I'm sorry Mia, feelings developed. I swear I never meant for this to happen."

"Wait, you like Trent? Is that what you're trying to say? ", I asked trying to understand her properly.

" No she's trying to say that their already dating, or whatever it means when you stick your tongue down someone's throat", Penelope inferred.

I swallowed my spit, still processing what I was hearing.

"Mia, I'm sorry. I was going to ask if you were okay with it first. Like properly. "

"Sarah, please don't apologise.
I'm happy with Jamie,I really am.Trent is my past.
I want you to be happy too Sarah. Even if it's with Trent but remember I don't ever want you to get hurt", I explained to her in all honesty.

Sarah smiled at me and I smiled back. I didn't want her to think I was selfish, I was finally happy so why would I want to keep Sarah from being happy? I was just worried about her, given my latest encounter with Trent.

"So I guess we're all going to start dating each other's exes now?", Penelope rolled her eyes as she packed up her food.

Yoko's eyes shot up from her book and she gave Penelope a look.
I laughed to ease the tension that was still present.

" Penelope could you walk me to the next period? I have to get there early", Yoko queried while she kept her focus on the blonde haired girl.

"I would be honoured to", Penelope gave a fake smile as she stood up.

Yoko smiled and stood up from her seat as well, she grabbed her bag and gave us a small wave.

" Catch y'all on the flip side", I nodded at both the girls.

"See you later,Mia", Penelope yelled as they retreated.

I returned my focus back to Sarah, who was staring at me blankly. She seemed rather nervous, but I gave another small smile

" I'm really sorry about Penelope. She just wants to protect me, I guess, and also, to be honest, she's not entirely over Adam.So I guess  it's affecting her  in ways that we might not understand. I'm not saying that is an excuse for her behavior, but what I am saying is...actually, I'll talk to her about it. "

" I don't care about Penelope, right now Mia, I just don't want you to hate me, I never intended to like him, I swear. I just fell for him and I  fell hard.", Sarah explained and I could see the way she spoke about him that she really did like him.

"I know, I fell for Trent too. It happened really fast.
I thought he was everything, I made him my everything, but that was my mistake. He broke me Sarah, but that does not mean that he will do the same to you. What it does mean is that you really should be careful, I would never want you to go to through the same heartbreak I did. So protect yourself. But also let yourself fall, fall in love with him, fall in love with his smile, fall in love with the way he laughs the way he talks about things that make him happy, because you'll realize that it makes you happy too, just watching him be happy, makes you happy  and that is love. I know that now, I know that because of Jamie, I thought I loved Trent, but I guess my definition of love was wrong.Whatever Trent and I had is over. "