Chapter 15

"Wise men say." I sang through the empty hallways of Lucas massive mansion. Singing always gave me a sense of peace and calmness becoming helpful in stressful situations. Not that I was stressful now.

"Only fools rush in." I continued until I came upon a huge room filled with all types of musical instruments. I curiously walked up to the shiny, black piano I noticed on the side of the room. I've always wanted to learn to play the piano. The sounds were soft and melodic to my ears. But the mean, evil lady who was in charge of looking after the orphans in the orphanage wouldn't let any of us come near it. She would play it herself while we all stared.

"But I can't help falling in love with you." I pressed a key note and smiled when it made a soft sound. I heard the sounds of someone clapping behind me and turned around. Luca was standing there leaning on the doorway looking at me. He began walking towards me and lifted my chin up with his finger.

"You've got a beautiful voice, my darling." He complimented.

"Thank you." I said blushing when I realised he heard me sing.

He looked behind me at the piano.

"I see you've taken a liking to the piano. He said while walking towards it and took a seat on the piano bench. I followed behind and stood next to him.

"Yes. I've always had love for pianos from a young age." I told him.

"Do you know how to play?" He asked while folding his sleeves up.

"No." I answered and he looked at me.

"Would you ever consider learning to play?" He asked.

"Of course. If I ever get the chance of learning to play then I'll definitely take it."

"Then come take a seat and learn." He said and looked back at the piano. I listened to him and took a seat at the end of the piano bench.

"Closer." He said. I scooted a bit closer but left a decent amount of space between us. Luca put his arm around me and pulled me closer to him where our arms were touching. "If you want to learn then you'll need to be able to see how I do it properly." He said. I nodded. I don't like being this close to any man especially Luca.

We spent an hour in the music room with Luca teaching me the basics and even taught me a short song to play. At first, I obviously sucked because I've never played before but then I got better. I wasn't that good but Luca said over
time, I will get better as the piano is a complex instrument.

"That was fun!" I squealed. "Thank you so much."

Luca looked at me "you're welcome, my darling. I'm glad I got to help you achieve something you love."

"Yes, you have and for that I will always be thankful." I said and got up to leave. As I got up, a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down.

"Yes?" I asked nervously. I don't know why I always become nervous around Luca. It was just the thought that he could do anything to me whenever he wanted scared me.

"Sing me the song you were singing before." He said.

"No, it's okay." I said shyly.

"I wasn't asking." Luca said. "You sing while I play." He said putting his fingers on the piano getting ready to play.  "I'll let you know when to sing."

I watched as Luca played the beginning of the song effortlessly. All I can say is damn! He looked so gorgeous sitting there playing a love song. He caught me looking and I quickly averted my eyes. From the corner of my eye, I could see him smirking. How embarrassing!