Michelle Finds Out

Start from the beginning

And his voice sounded familiar.

~~~~~~~~~~

The next afternoon, Michelle had another encounter with Spider-Man.

She was sitting on a bench, waiting for the bus to arrive, when a guy from her school sat down next to her.

Michelle looked up and groaned inwardly when she saw who it was.

No, it wasn't Flash. It was some kid from the grade above Michelle. She couldn't remember his name... Todd? Maybe.

Anyway, Todd had been starting to get on her nerves lately. He kept wanting to talk to her - when she was clearly reading and didn't want to be interrupted! - and he liked to sit really close to her. (Personal Bubble Invasion!)

"Hey, Michelle!" Todd sat down right next to her.

"Hi..." Michelle replied, making it clear in her voice that she didn't want him there.

However, Todd didn't seem to notice, "Isn't it funny how we are both taking the bus?"

Then Todd did something that really annoyed Michelle - he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

Michelle immediately stood up.

This is when Spider-Man decided to show up. "Hey, everything alright here?" he asked casually. Michelle, however, caught a slight sound of... jealousy?... in his voice.

"Spider-Man! It's so cool to meet you!" Todd exclaimed.

Spider-Man ignored him and turned towards Michelle, "Is everything alright, Miss?"

"Yeah, everything is fine..." Michelle replied, but her eyes said 'Help me!'

Spider-Man seemed to understand what she wanted.

"Well, I'm here! Ready for our coffee hangout!" Spider-Man said to Michelle.

"Yes, of course! Let's go, Spider-Man!" Michelle replied, relieved and grateful that Spider-Man was going to help her out of this awkward situation.

Spider-Man began to walk away and she followed.

Once they had turned a few corners, they stopped and looked at each other.

"Thanks for the save there, Spidey!" Michelle said.

"Oh, yeah... No-no problem. Hey, I saw you yesterday... right?"

"Um, yeah. You helped me get my bag back," Michelle replied.

"Oh, yeah! What a coincidence, huh? Well, since I suppose we are acquaintances now, I feel like I should stop calling you Miss," Spider-Man sounded a bit nervous.

"Oh, yeah. I'm Michelle."

"Michelle," Spider-Man seemed deep in thought for a second, "Michelle, I should tel-"

Suddenly, shouting was heard in the distance, followed by sirens.

"Well, that's my signal to leave, see you around, Michelle!"

With that, Spider-Man was gone.

Michelle was really confused. What was he going to say? She was also surprised by how serious and meaningful his voice had sounded when he had begun the interrupted sentence.

Once again, his voice had sounded familiar as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michelle had just stepped outside of Midtown when she felt a presence next to her.

She turned, and there stood Todd, right next to her, invading her Personal Bubble once again!

"Hey, Michelle!" Todd started.