I'm Ready

Y/n POV

Once we got back I ran straight for the training room. I didnt see all of the concerned glances from the ninja behind me.

I start throwing furious jabs at the punching bag, spinning into some kicks as well. Frustration just pouring out of me.

"Y/n?"

I spin around, a panting mess, to see Cole in the door way, his hand propping himself against the frame.

I let out a heavy sigh and relax a bit.

"What?" I reply.

"Are you okay?" He asks softly, the rest of the ninja file in behind him as he steps into the room slowly.

I was previously looking down at my feet, but I lift my head up to look at all of them, eyes burning with determination, heart as cold as ice, adrenaline surging through me like electricity, and my body as stiff as stone.

"Train me." I growl.

They all nod in unison and the real training began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the past 6 days I have been training non stop, working my ass off to make sure I defeat Grod and save every universe under his throne.

The entire time I had an indestructible motive to take this guy down. With the two phrases lodged into my brain, repeating constantly: no pain, no fear, no pain, no fear, NO PAIN, NO FEAR.

But as this day approached, I got a new mindset...I was scared. I was afraid of failing, I was afraid of dying..

Yes I know it's for the greater good and I'm the only one that can stop him now, but Holy shit, if my teachers can't even lay a finger on him, how can I defeat him?!

To clear my mind on my last night before the final battle, or my last night ever, I walked to the deck of the ship with a huge fluffy blanket.

The sky was decorated with colors of green, blue, purple, and turquoise. Thousands of tiny white stars were scattered about the sky. Similar to the northern lights in Alaska.

I stared in awe, forgetting about my life changing, or life ending, task tomorrow. I didn't even hear the door open and footsteps walk up next to me. I only noticed when the person cleared their throat as they hesitantly sat beside me.

I look next to me surprised and see Cole looking at me with gentle and caring, brown eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked, nudging my arm.

I chuckle and shake my head, looking down at my hands that are caressing the fur of the blanket.

"I'm so scared." I finally say.

I look out of the corner of my eye and see him nod and then look up to the dancing colors in the sky.

"Back when I was first chosen to be the black ninja, I was terrified on our way to our first mission. I was just thrown into this group of strangers, carrying this old man on our backs for days, not even knowing what our mission was!"

I look at him curious and intrigued.

"But as soon as it started I felt at home. I felt like this is where I was supposed to be. I always knew apart of me was missing and becoming the black ninja completed me. It's always scary at first, but taking that leap of faith can only move you forward."

He looks at me and smiles to one side of his face.

"I don't lie. Especially to someone I like. And my instincts are never wrong."

Ohhhh Lordy the butterfliessss.

"I know that you can win this. You're stronger than all of us combined."

I smile and look into his eyes intently.

"Thank you. I appreciate everything that you do."

He smiles back and we stare at each other for a while as if the sky wasn't entertaining us anymore.

He certainly is as good looking as these lights.

I catch him looking at my lips as he nibbles on his own.

I take that as a sign to move closer and he does the same, slowly closing his eyes and tilting his head. I feel his warm, soft lips on mine and I swear the butterflies are trying to fly out of me now.

We break apart and I snuggle up into his neck and close my eyes.

"Cole?" I whisper.

"Hm?"

"Do you think I'll die?"

I feel his head turn to look at me. Then he says,

"Nah. We can't get rid of each other that easily."

We laugh and close our eyes. Enjoying the cold breeze contrast to the warm air and the warmth of each other.