First Encounter

Y/n POV

"I repeat this is not a drill!"

What.

Okay, so I am just, casually washing my hands, about to go back to class when I hear that there is a LOCK DOWN.

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my goooosshhh.

I'm frozen in place. I'm basically paralyzed, hands still under the faucet, water still running. A chill runs up my spine and I think I forget how to breath.

What am I supposed to do? What if the threat is in this hallway?

I finally realized that the water was still running so I quietly turned it off, drying my hands on my jeans.

My heart is pounding in my chest. I can feel the pulse thundering in my neck. It sounds like the school's drum line playing in my ears.

My eyes are wide with fear as I creep towards the door. I hesitantly pull it open enough for me to see if I'm alone.

The hallway is clear of people. I take long, slow strides back to my classroom. As I was about to round the corner I hear footsteps. I was already past the corner, but I panicked and ran behind the wall, listening for further commotion.

The sound seemed to fade and then quickly disappear. Waiting for another moment, I let out a heavy sigh, unaware that I was holding my breath the whole time. I slowly resume my journey back to my room.

When I finally round the corner, I was very mistaken. I was indeed, not alone.

Standing before me was a tall, dark figure. He heard me and turned around to face me. Once his cold eyes rested upon me he smiled. It was more of a snarl or evil smirk. His tall body was accompanied with strong muscles covered with a black cloak or robe. He wore all black, his long, slicked black hair matching his outfit. His jagged scar across his left eye told traumatic stories of his past.

I stood in shock. I was caught, alone, unable to escape what might happen next. However, my legs decided to take over and did what they wanted without my brain's content. I ran. I ran screaming hysterically. I looked back to see if he was following and saw no trace of him. I bumped into something hard and landed roughly on the floor.

My eyes slowly climbed the man's horrifying features.

How did he get here so fast?

I was trembling and trying my best to scoot away, creating some distance between him and I.

He took a step closer, chuckling demonically. He held his hand out and I watched as a black orb formed in his hand. I didn't know what it was, but I knew he was not from this world. And dangerous.

I continued my attempts to get away but he took enormous steps.

"I'm not letting you stop me..." He growled.

What? Is this guy on drugs?

I tried to speak, but my throat was dry and only a tiny squeak managed to slip out.

He reeled his hand back behind his head, ready to strike. His hand and arm resembled a snake, about to kill its prey. And apparently I was this guy's prey.