Walmart

Y/n has gotten to the point in her training where she can go back to school. She isn't ready to answer all the questions from her best friends or even random people whom she's never talked to before. She also isnt ready to catch up on all the work she missed in like...3 weeks?

Walmart is looking pretty snazzy right about now...

y/n thinks while reading all the emails from her teachers.

Nya takes her to school and makes her sneak in through different exits for fun.

Being a ninja is actually the funniest thing ever. I could be a prank war CHAMPION.

Y/n POV

"Oh my gosh! Y/n where have you been?! You haven't answered any of my calls or texts and you missed 3 weeks of school! Have fun failing." My best friend then engulfed me with questions.

"I've been training to fight to take down that dude that intruded the school last month. And I didnt have time to pack so I left my phone, I'm sorryyyy. I missed you." I hugged my best friend and we squeezed each other to make up all the time we've been apart.

"Also I'm already contemplating dropping out and working at Walmart until I die." I say which makes my bestie roll her eyes and smile.

"I'm just glad you're okay. I heard theories of you being dead." She said.

My eyes got wide and a scary thought shot into my head.

What if I do die during this battle?

I shook the thought out of my head and continued walking to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Literally every class I'm swamped in homework and assignments and tests and learning. So. Much. Learning!

WALMART HERE I COME.

As the bell rings for my lunch to end, I hear a group of kids screaming. I walk towards the sound, fists clenched, ready for action. I go on the tips of my toes to peer over everyone's heads, but to no avail. Then the group of kids that screamed pushed past me in a frantic hurry. Fear covered all of their faces.

I hurriedly jumped into the empty space they created to see the reasoning of all this.

And there he was... Grod.. his huge arms were crossed over his heaving chest, a devilish grin playing on his dry lips. He scanned the crowd in search for me.

He wasn't alone though, he had a couple of his minions with him aswell. They were robots, similar to the ones in iRobot, and 6 feet tall. I was already intimidated.

Sure, I trained to take down multiple people at once with the ninja..but I'm pretty sure they let me win.

All 5 of them, including Grod, locked eyes on me and simultaneously took several steps toward me. I quickly realized that they were following Grod's command. Following his steps in the exact timing of his like marching band following their drum major's lead.

I know not to show fear so I get into my fighting stance and wait for one of them to charge, standing my ground. Little do they know that-

I'M ACTUALLY ABOUT TO SHIT MYSELF.

Grod stops but his 4 buddies keep going without him, marching like soldiers, but then suddenly they all run towards me.

I jump and do a front flip over them and watch them skurt to a stop as I land. They turn around and charge at me again.

I get close to the ground and spin in a 360 to knock them off their feet. Once I got to the last one, it caught on and grabbed my foot, swinging me into the wall. The concrete walls crack from the impact and I slide down but I keep myself on my feet. The other 3 rush towards me and grab my arms before I can get the chance to jump back into action.

They push me to my knees, still holding my arms against my struggle to get free, and Grod stalks towards me.

He stops inches away from my face and talks lowly in my ear, carefully enunciating every syllable.

"I guess you didn't train hard enough." He leans back and gives me a wicked smile, staring into my soul.

I begin to struggle again but the minions' grips tighten.

"Here's an alternative..you can join my side and help me take over every existing planet." His tone turns into almost playful sounding.

My blood boils and I spit in his face.

His eyes close and remain closed for about 30 seconds. He finally lifts a shaky hand to wipe and fling my saliva away.

He then brings his hands back and starts summoning a black ball of light to end me once and for all.

As the orb grows a flash of white appears in the corner of my eye and everyone looks over to examine it. A chorus of gasps fill the hallway as the white circle grows and opens to a swirl of indigo.

Out of it comes 6 ninja in different colored gis flipping into action.

"LEAVE HER ALONE GROD!" Lloyd yells, the other five standing menacingly behind him.

I smile in relief at the sight, but then quickly notice that the minions' grips have loosened.

I propel myself forward and out of their grasps and I upper cut Grod's chin with my feet as I back flip and land where I started. I then sprint over to my team and join their stance.

His minions stand behind Grod aswell.

Then we all rush into battle.

Jay and Nya pair up, kai and Cole pair up, and zane and lloyd takes on a minion by themselves while I head straight to Grod.

We block each other's blow and get into a competition of who can block more blows. We kick and punch and spin in and out of the fight.

He then roundhouses me and sends me to the ground, but the ninja swiftly step in.

I look behind me and see scraps of metal dragged down the hallway and kids peering out of their classroom doors.

I jump back into combat and help the ninja.

He was overpowering them with ease. Somehow I gather enough strength to send one blow right to his jaw.

Everyone stops and watches him feel the blood coming from his lip with two chunky fingers. I didn't have enough time to celebrate because he rapidly grabs me by my throat and lifts me from the ground.

I frantically kick my legs, but to no avail. I claw at his thick fingers and tears roll down my cheeks from the restricted air flow.

Finally a green orb forces his hand to let go and I drop to the floor in a heap.

Jay grabs under my arms and help me scramble back.

"Time is up in a week. And from the looks of it.... I'll win the real fight." Grod growls and punches the floor beneath us, causing dust and debris to shoot up.

When everything cleared he was gone.

I lay there shocked, holding my neck.

"Are you okay y/n?" Cole rushes over to me and helps me up.

I nod. Unable to say anything else.

"I need to go back and train harder. I can't let him win." I choke out.

They nod in agreence.

"Let's go." Lloyd commands.

We step through the portal and disappear.