Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Who did this kid think he was?! He is definitely going to get his butt kicked when it came time for it.

In the meantime, I am kind of stuck on what to do. I have the urge to call him again, but that jerk just makes so angry I decide not to waste my breath.

What am I going to do? I hope for some sign of encouragement, or some sign to help me go forth. I still do not know much and somehow Sam got the knowledge. A pompous jerk gets all the brilliance and advantages and I get nothing.

My phone starts buzzing in my pocket, the ringtone is Coldplay's "Trouble." I'm kind of in love with that song. It is a 978 area code. I have no idea who would be calling me from there. I answer hesitantly.

"Hello?"

"Is this Miss Emilie Blythe?"

"Well, as a matter of fact it is. Now may I ask who is this?"

"My name is Charlotte Stevens. I've been waiting to talk to you for quite some time now."

"And why would that be, Charlotte?" I asked with a little skepticism in my voice.

"Because we are two of the few Climbers left."

I sigh. Not this again! "Oh are we. Perfect. What do you need to talk to me about. I have no clue what is really going on and I'm not sure that I even want to know," I said exasperated.

I hear her chuckle. "I know the feeling. Well, we are supposed to restore the Climbers by defeating the Runners. But, how do we do that?"

"Um, I figured you knew and that's the reason as to why you were calling me."

She laughs  louder this time. "That is why I'm calling you silly. I need to tell you that I am supposed to help you win this battle. You will have to learn how to fight and how to stay strong and succeed."

"Um, okay then. I'm honestly up for anything right now. I stil have no clue what is going on."

"Well, I can tell you all of that then. And also help you. So when do you want to meet up?"

"Oh, its up to you. Maybe Wednesday?" Three days...I'm pretty sure I can wait.

"Sure. How about in the park near the Lincoln Zoo?'

"Okay, sounds good Charlotte. Thanks?"

"Your welcome, Emilie! See you Wednesday." Her tone was unnaturally bright and happy.

"See you then. Bye."

CLick. 

Great. Now I get help from a complete stranger who claims to be a Climber as well. Joy. Although, it does give me a leg up on the aid side considering Sam has his parents.

So. I'm on my new adventure to 'restore the Climbers.' I'm on my way to 'fight a boy, that boy being Sam. Sam being quite attractive but quite pompous.' I'm most likely on my way to becoming crazy.

My phone starts to buzz again. Only this time it was a text...from Brandon. I open it thinking that I haven't seen or talked to Brandon in forever.

Emilie! I haven't seen you in forever! We seriously need to catch up. How about we go see Harry Potter tonight at 7:45? Sound good? Okay. See you then!

Well that was decided quickly. I guess I'm going to see HP7 tonight. Awesome!

I text back:

Haha...alright Brandon. Meet you by the ticket booth around 7:30. See you then.

I get to the movie theatre around 7:30 and find Brandon waiting by the ticket booth. I give him a hug and I felt his arms on the small of my back squeeze tightly. It felt...nice. He looked at me intently, grabbed my hand, and handed my a ticket. He bought my ticket. Joy.

"Oh, thanks Brandon. I get snacks!" I ran over and got in line thinking about what had just happened. He had never done that before and it surprisingly felt nice. Hmm.

I ordered a Coke Icee and popcorn, Brandon got a Cherry Icee (I think Cherry is disgusting!) and some Sour Patches. (Yummy!) We went and sat down in our seats and the movie started. I have seen this movie once before and I'm quite glad I get to see it again. But I start to think halfway through the movie. If its Harry vs. Voldemort, its me vs. Sam. Without the magic. I think that that is too bad. I happen to like magic, thank you very much!

The movie ends and Brandon and I go sit in the food court. I get a text from Sam. Perfect. All I need right now, in front of Brandon, is a text from him.

Oh, Emilie. By the way, you will lose this battle no matter what. You wanna know why?

Oh Lord, this kid. I cannot stand him.

No, Sam, I don't want to know why because you are the one who is going to lose this battle. Sucks for you.

Sam is not going to get the best of me. Ever. No matter how cute he is. EVER.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!! Thanks so much for reading...it makes me happy!! please vote and comment...that makes me happy too!! love you all, eternity1 <3 xoxo