Chapter 5

Please vote :) It makes me happy when I see new reads and votes. It makes me sad when I see reads but no votes. :( If you don't like the story and if you have suggestions, then please tell me...I hit writers block. so sorry!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 5

Emilie couldn't get her mind off of the name "Sam Pritcher" all day long. She had a thought...She went to the school's office and asked them if there was any record of a Pritcher.

"Sorry, Ms. Blythe, there is no record of any Pritcher anywhere here."

"Damn!" I muttered. "Well, thank you anyways, Mrs. Friedman. See you tomorrow."

Emilie went home and found the paper with all 60 Sam Pritchers on it. She dialed the first one. This Sam Pritcher was 64 years old in Russia.

"Well, that was obviously not him. Shit. This is gonna take forever...one down, 59 to go."

Sam Pritcher #18: Nope!

Sam Pritcher #29: No siree.

Sam Pritcher#37: Oh hell no!

Sam Pritcher #52: Whoops! This one's a baby!!

Sam Pritcher#59: "Hello?"

"Hi. Is this Sam Pritcher?"

"Yes, may I ask who is calling?"

"Hi, I'm Emilie Blythe." I breathed a humongous sigh of relief and joy. I finally found this kid! But...this is the kid I must fight to do God-knows-what. "OK well, this might sound a tad bit strange-"

"Blythe? Did u say your name is Blythe?!"

"Um, well, yes actually." I told him, confused. "But the real reason I'm calling is that I've been having strange dreams lately and I was wondering-"

While he was talking, I was slightly annoyed that he kept interrupting me. After all, I was the one calling him. But, his words captured my attention.

"Strangedreams as in...ancestors leaving you messages and saying you have to fight some other kid to bring back The Circle? If not, then completely ignore anything I just said." Sam was a little worried Emilie thought he was an idiot.

"Actually, thats exactly it. But...I think there is a catch. You are a so-called Runner, and I am a so-called Climber. And we have to fight each other for theleader of the Circle."

"Yeah...about that. I don't want to fight a girl...I'm not saying that because I think you could lose, just that I don't fight girls," he said slowly.

"Well...then we are in trouble. We should come up with some plan or something...how about we meet up and talk soon?"

"Yeah...that will work. Well, where do u live, Emilie? That would be an important part."

"Yes it would be," I laughed. "I live in Pontiac, Illinois. Where are you?"

"I'm in Champaign, Illinois...so not too far away."

"Hmm, how about we meet at Garrett's popcorn on Friday at 3:30-ish?"

"Well, that works for me, Emilie. I'm so glad you called. So I will see you on Friday, Climber." I heard a slight coldness in his voice.

"See you then, Sam. Or should I say, Runner."

I heard a click. I thought to myself, "Well, this should be interesting."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please vote (: I hope you guys liked it!