"How deep can they be?" Seokmin asked as he scanned the map. Jaeson stood next to him, focused completely on the map. Staring so hard as if to burn the image into his head.

"Is there a power source to these caves?" Jungwoo asked the Alpha.

"So far we haven't found one."

"You're looking in the wrong place," Jungwoo commented. "Wherever they are being held, there will be a light source. Either electric or natural. Nathan would have to secure her somewhere quick and easy to get to. It's probably a good bet that he's already trying to mark her." Jaeson growled in pain. "Sorry, Jaeson, we have to be real about this. Too much time has passed for him to not have tried to claim her."

"Alpha Brian, over" a scratchy voice crackled through the walkie handset on the table.

The Alpha grabbed the walkie and pulled it to his mouth "This is Brian, over,"

"We have found a new system, not on the maps. It looks manmade. Over." the voice crackled with its news.

"Where did you find it? Over." Everyone started scanning the map on the table.

"On the north end of the cave system by the river. The door was hidden by a large boulder, but it looks like it was broken open recently. There is splintered wood everywhere and that's how we found it. over" All eyes had moved to the spot on the map to the north by the river. A long series of cliffs could be seen where the river emptied into a long waterfall.

"Search the new area and keep me updated. Over" The Alpha commanded.

"They could build in those cliffs and it would be a defensible position and you could have a light source without needing electricity to tip anyone off to that location," Jungwoo commented as he studied the map.

"It also looks like it would be hard to escape from," Mingyu commented.

"That's got to be where she is," Jaeson turned and took off following the map image he burned into his brain.

"Jaeson, STOP!" Seokmin cried in his wolf voice.

Fueled by fear and desperation, Jaeson ignored his leader. He quickly transformed into his wolf and left shredded clothes behind him. His pack members tried to catch him but he was too far ahead and he quickly disappeared into the cave system.

"Damnit," Seokmin swore.

"His wolf has shut us out, but we can still follow him." Jungwoo offered and he transformed into his wolf and followed his distraught maknae.

"This doesn't help our situation," Alpha Brian said.

"I know. " Seokmin replied. He removed his clothing and transformed into his wolf. The other members of Midnight also transformed. Their wolves could feel the movement of Jaeson and Jungwoo and they took off to follow. Hopefully, they could catch Jaeson before they forced Nathan's hand.

*************

Julie laid on the narrow cot that was her bed and tried to ignore the compulsion and desire for Nathan growing within her. She had been holding her own until Jewels started to wake up. With her growing awareness, the magic that fueled their bond was also waking up and it only fed the compulsion of the mate mark.

Julie groaned against the pain and unwanted desire building within her.

"Julie, you have to fight it. Don't give in." Stacy called out from the cell next to her.

"It hurts..." Julie's voice broke as a wave of desire pierced her body. It felt like a knife was being pushed through the mate mark, punishing her for not accepting. Her abdomen twisted in knots, begging for the release that only completing the mating would give. She whimpered and curled into a tight ball.