3 - Backstory

"How did you and Nick meet?" Jack asked, heading into the elevator with Aurora.

"It's a long story" Aurora said, wiping some tears from her eyes as she tried to calm her breathing a bit, slightly looking at Jack when she leaned forward and flipped a switch to stop the elevator.

"We have some time" Jack said, smiling over to Aurora, who had took a deep breath and nodded.

/////////////////////

"Come on Aurora, it's just drinks" Kit said, basically begging  the pajama'd woman who seemed determined to sit in on the night.

"I'm good, I have a couple more classes tomorrow anyways, then I have to head out tomorrow night for the workshop" Aurora said, brushing it off as she looked down at the binder of things that was sprawled open on her bed currently.

"Why don't you ever just want to have fun and let loose once in a while?" Kit groaned with an eye roll.

"I do to let loose and have fun" Aurora said firmly. "But as of right now, this promotion is more important" she added, looking up at her friend slightly.

"There. Why don't you let me take you out for an hour, maybe a drink or two, a calm night as a congratulations for your promotion" Kit offered making Aurora sigh and throw her head back before looking back at her.

"If it will make you stop begging to go out with you, then fine" Aurora said, shifting to stand up while Kit cheered. "But I am not  being the adult tonight" she added as Kit nodded and hurried out.

Aurora sighed and shut her bedroom door behind her before picking out a simple purple dress and putting it on before brushing her hair back and getting ready to go.

-------------

"I'm going to be at the bar if you need anything" Aurora said as Kit nodded and hurried off to dance with some guys making Aurora roll her eyes and head over to the bar, taking an empty spot close to the exit just in case.

"One old fashioned please" Aurora said to the bartender who nodded and went to get her drink.

"Classic drink for a classic girl I'm guessing?" A voice spoke up from beside Aurora.

Aurora turned to face whoever the voice was but came face-to-face with dark brown eyes.

"Possibly, are you here to profile me?" Aurora asked with a hint of teasing in her tone.

"Possibly, are you someone who need profiling?" The voice teased back making Aurora smile slightly.

"Kindergarten teacher, brought here after reckless begging from a friend...I don't think so" Aurora said with a smile. "I'm Aurora" she added, holding a hand out for him to shake.

"Archer" the guy said smoothly with a smile, shaking Aurora's hand.

"Nice name" Aurora smiled.

"Could say the same about you" Archer said