11

Aurora and Nick headed to NCIS the next day, having parked and stopped at a small diner nearby.

"I love it when Morning's look like this" Aurora beamed as she looked at the still and calming scenery of Washington D.C. "It's like even the sleepless are just waking up." She smiled.

Nick nodded as he looked around as well, before looking over to Aurora who was still skipping happily down the sidewalk.

"Doesn't it just make you feel alive?" Aurora asked as she spun around to face Nick, the smile never once leaving her face.

"Yes, maybe not as much as you though." Nick teased with a smile as they turned a corner.

"Oh, ha ha, didn't you tell me you were a morning person?" Aurora asked as he nodded.

"Yeah, you got me." Nick teased as Aurora accidentally bumped into someone 

"Sorry ma'am." The person said to Aurora, as he kept walking.

"It's alright." Aurora said with a smile as she continued on her way with Nick.

"You know, bumping into her wouldn't have happened if you just walked forward and stopped looking at me." Nick said. "I know my charming good looks have that effect, but come on." He teased innocently.

"Mhmm, that's why you lied to me when we first met and almost got me killed." Aurora teased back.

"Do you always have to bring that up?" Nick asked before Aurora stopped and shushed him. "Did you just shush me?" He asked before she did again making him sigh and roll his eyes playfully but stay on high alert until he heard some barking and whimpering from a nearby alley way.

"Puppy." Aurora said before heading into the alley way without a second thought.

"Wait. Ari." Nick said before sighing and making sure his gun was within reach and using his flashlight to get a bit more light on the ground. "Why don't you wait, or even tell me what you're about to do so you don't run into danger by accident?" He asked noticing Aurora in her bright yellow sundress, kneeling down by a dumpster.

"Nick, can we keep this puppy?" Aurora asked, standing up and turning to face Nick while holding a small Pit bull. "Please?, I have a friend who is a Vet., she could help see if this dog is missing or needs shots or anything." She said, walking out of the Alley with him.

"This dog looks like it still might need its mom." Nick admitted before looking in the alley before looking around. "Maybe the mom's nearby?" He asked as Aurora nodded.

"Do we have time to look around before work?" Aurora asked while looking at Nick who sighed and checked the time before shaking his head.

"No. No we don't" Nick said, heading to NCIS with Aurora and the newly found pup. "When we get there, just go and call your friend, I'll see if there is a case and depending on what's going on I'll go find the mom or drop you off at your --" he started.

"I can do this myself, you don't need to worry." Aurora said while looking at him. "I promise you, that I can take care of myself, and if I need help, I'll send you a code or something before anything happens." She admitted making him sigh and relax.

"I know, doesn't stop me from worrying." Nick said, kissing her forehead before walking over to his desk, leaving Aurora to the side so she could make the call and he could see if there was a case for that day.

"Grab your gear. Dead Petty Officer found at a Playground." Gibbs said as he walked to his desk, grabbing his coat and gear before heading to the elevator with the others in tow, noticing Aurora and the dog. "Cute dog." Gibbs said with a slight smile before getting into the elevator.